All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. Does the function block have to be st? you could achieve the same thing easily is ladder using ir method.   can send example if need be 
  3. Today
  4. Searching the forum did not provide me with any useful results. If there is another post with an answer, my apologies. I had ran into an issue with a 1769-L32E processor running out of memory a couple of times. Is there any software or easy ways to analyze an entire RSLogix 5000 project and show how much memory programs, routines, UDTs, AOIs, etc. are using?  Ideally I would like to be able to find what components of the project is taking up so much memory quickly since our company standard is to use UDTs and there is a lot to look through. Thank you!
  5. PN PLC 2 PLC multiple DB's

-     
  6. Yesterday
  7. Why does ML/1400 send a TCP [RST] ?

UDP Port should be 2222.
  8. SUPERVISION WITH CP1W-CIF41

Crossbow, He saying, "cx-supervision " but I took that to mean CX Supervisor (at least in my second post). Omron's SCADA package. I'm not well versed with it. 
  9. Why does ML/1400 send a TCP [RST] ?

Do the test.
  10. can I plug Q61SP power supply into Q312DB base?

Use the proper power supply.  Q61SP is for the slim backplane, it does not offer sufficient power for all the modules that fit in a full size rack. But hey, voiding the warranty isn't a problem right?
  11. FX3GT password decode

Then you need to contact Mitsubishi Electric in your country and see what they can offer you.  Repeated posts here about this topic will not be tolerated, and I have seen 2 so far.
  12. Reading FX3G PLC

Any discussion of illegally bypassing a password is forbidden on this site.  You agreed to this in the terms of service.  Do not ask again, or you can be locked out.
  13. scale instruction in Q series PLC?

And when I posted than in 2008, there was not a scale instruction.
  14. SUPERVISION WITH CP1W-CIF41

To create screens on a PC, you should be using a SCADA software, such as Indusoft.  CX-Designer does offer a licensed mode for creating a CX-Designer project and running it on a PC, it's called NS-Runtime.  But you need to buy a license.  You can't just design something in CX-Designer and run it forever on the PC without a license. 
  15. Reading High speed input in NX1P2

It's not meant to do that internally.  You should use a pulse input module.  NX-PGxxxx would be the best option. Typical cycle time for NX1P2 is 2ms, input filter of 1ms, so 200 pulses per second is about the limit for input speed. Are you sure the sensor is fast enough to actuate on and off 200 times per second?  
  16. Why does ML/1400 send a TCP [RST] ?

Mark, See whether you go with this idea, but I think there's a more obvious answer. I've just realised that the List Identity is being sent as a UDP datagram. As such, there's no way it is ever going to act as a keep-alive for the TCP session ! It doesn't explain why the ML1400 is only waiting 17 seconds before it issues the RST, but I can worry about that later. Do you agree ? Gary  
  17. Why does ML/1400 send a TCP [RST] ?

I was going to write a bunch of stuff but decided at least one more test was needed. With no other connection to the PLC, issue the register session and forward open. Then doing nothing. How long before the PLC drops the connection?  
  18. What is your favorite and least favorite HMI software?

Just noticed this comment.  Yes RedLion products are in wide use here in the US.  They are my goto for HMI (and yes free software but not my major concern) and they also own Ntron switches which I have been using exclusively for years. I gotta say, my work is all done in the industrial sector.  Paying for good software is not a big issue to me.  Paying $500 or $5000 for a piece of software that is going to be used on a $10 million dollar line doesn't seem a big issue to me as long as it is a good solution for the line.  There are too many people in the industrial world that treat things like this as if it was a personal expense.  If I can save an hour of downtime with quality software in an industrial environment, then I have generally paid for the software.  Just a thought.  Different mindset is necessary.
  19. Thank you for the help. I guess I can make it with one big array of boolean(3840) and fill the D memory chronologically with 64 so I can get the bits in the array with the right order. And then I can reorder them as I wish.
  20. Hi all, I have my own driver to communicate with a MicroLogix 1400. Please refer to the attached screenshot from Wireshark. 10.10.21.10 is my driver's host, and 192.168.1.192 is the ML1400. The startup sequence to establish a connection & session with the PLC is correct I believe: - In the grey highlight, client requests a connection to .192 via SYN and this is ack'd - A session is registered, and forward open is successful - There's a lot of stuff in green simply because I've also got an HTTP browser session open to the PLC to monitor its session table - In between, spaced 8 seconds apart, are my two attempts to keep the connection alive by sending a List Identity request (as a ping, if you like). These are highlighted in pale blue. - However, 16.5 seconds from the start of the grey highlight, and 16.4 seconds after sequence=115 ack=99, the controller sends back a [RST, ACK] and a callback from my socket code tells me that the session has been dropped. The connection timeout for the PLC is configured as either 30 or 60 seconds, so I don't see how that's relevant here when the reset is happening only 17 seconds after it was established ? However, presumably the PLC doesn't see the application-level "List Identity" request as a valid means of keeping the connection alive. What is the correct mechanism to use that the PLC will accept as a keep-alive ?
  21. ViewPoint

Hello, I created a HMI application and created the ViewPoint displays and then the runtime. When I type the IP address in the browser I get an error "Can't reach this page"but I can see the HMI in RSlinx. Does anybody had this problem before? Thank you. 
  22. How create global objects for many devices (GT Designer 3)

Hello everyone Is it possible to use this multiplexing function (Offset) connecting a GOT2000 to my drives directly? I ask cause  my drive's Faceplate  uses I/O  like X0001, Does anyone have any idea of how to implement it that way? Thank you in advance.
  23. Thank you very much for the help! For the link too. It is very nice when there are people like you who help!
  24. Apologies Michael, You are correct. 
  25. Weird Timer Behaviour

I have already found the answer. I set the timer.PT value with the use of an INT which I convert to TIME at the beginning of every cycle. This means that PT would still be 0 when the timer would start. This causes Q to true immediately.
  26. Connect to an AB Logix5555 via 1756-ENBT?

Ok guys i start to see some light at the end of the tunel. i call the rockwell support and the said i schould first  make sure i have Gateway Version of rslinx installed, since i want to make a remote connexion.  Then i use this link https://rcschallenge.inl.gov/opcserverclient.aspx to correctly set up DCOM on remote and Client PC. On the Client PC i can read the data on MatrikonOPC Explorer but not on MATLAB. Attempting to connect to remote OPCServer with matlab using OPCServerinfo('192.168.1.99') will not work and the error says either "ACCESS DENIED". or "error in security package"  
  27. Weird Timer Behaviour

Hello, I've been using a Beckhoff PLC and TwinCAT3 lately and I'm learning how it all works. Currently I'm using a ton timer in my program and I've noticed some weird behaviour. The timer.IN is set to true and afterwards I check for timer.Q in an IF statement. That statement should therefore only be true after the timer.PT delay value. However, the first time after I activate the configuration and timer.IN is set to true, timer.Q is immediately set to true for a very short amount of time. When I reset all values and try again without reactivating the configuration, this doesn't happen. I'm thinking that I don't initialse the timer in the correct way or something along those line. I have attached a code snippet. The problem I'm encountering is that the first time after I have activated the configuration and the tonTimeout.In is true. The following IF statement is also true without having run for the delay time. This sends my program to an error state. However, after resetting the values this doesnt happen anymore. Can anyone help me with this matter?
  28. Indusoft Web Studio

i am using indusoft web studio for the modbus logging. program runs successfully but after a half day or a day it shows error " error initializing the driver modbu 10.10: invalid serial port "any suggestion will be appreciated.RegardsZubair Ahmed
  29. Load more activity