All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Today
  2. BEIJER E1101 TO MITSUBISHI GOT 2710

Right, but a converter to GOT, that never existed that I know of.
  3. BEIJER E1101 TO MITSUBISHI GOT 2710

There was a converter tool for e series below 1000 to above 1000. It was pretty dire though. Every screen had to be adjusted to fit correctly.
  4. Anybus x Gateway assembly instances

I googled "1794-aent generic module" and found this: https://www.hilscher.com/fileadmin/cms_upload/ko/Resources/pdf/EtherNetIP_Generic_Adapter_DTM_OI_08_EN.pdf It appears to have some of the parameters you're looking for, but they may not be useful to you. Realize that the configuration you're trying to do will be very dependent on which modules are attached to the -AENT and this may not work at all. Are you trying to control a Flex I/O chassis with a PLC that doesn't support it? If so, it may be a better investment of time/effort to use different I/O that the PLC supports or change to a PLC that supports that I/O chassis.
  5. Anybus x Gateway assembly instances

Thanks, but what i'm looking for is the Allen Bradley 1794-AENT assembly instances. I'm looking for its data, data rate and connection points.
  6. simotion MMC img file

Hello I have a SIMOTION MEMORY CARD 16MB for C230-2. Order No: 6AU1700-0AA01-0AA0 That formatted with windows. I need image file from Simotion MMC 16MB for write to This MMC with s7 img writer. Someone can help me. Thanks. 
  7. simotion MMC img file

Hello I have a SIMOTION MEMORY CARD 16MB for C230-2. Order No: 6AU1700-0AA01-0AA0 That formatted with windows. I need image file from Simotion MMC 16MB for write to This MMC with s7 img writer. Someone can help me. Thanks.  s7imgrd2.zip s7imgwr2.zip
  8. LOGO! 8 TIA portal WinCC

I know Logo has changed many times, I used up to version 4, but back then there was no SCADA that could talk to it.  Those are not PLCs, they are programmable relays.  They were not originally designed for communication, just for simple logic and timers and counters.  Used one to run my pool pump, and used some for customers for basic sequencing.  I know they have grown up a bit, but I am not aware of any SCADA that can talk to them. Might want to check the Siemens website for Logo and see what they say.
  9. Melsoft Series GX Develop Error

Version 8 doesn't tell us enough.  What is the full version number?  There's been over 115 releases of version 8. The project may be from a newer version.  It may have files missing.  It may be tagged read only in Windows.  There's a hundred different things that it could be. Please provide more detail on the version and PLC type.
  10. BEIJER E1101 TO MITSUBISHI GOT 2710

Never saw a converter tool for the E series while I worked there...
  11. FX-EEPROM-16

Do not ever remove the memory card while the PLC is powered up. When the unit powers up, if the memory card is present, it is used, and any download or upload will be to the memory card.  The memory card program will run. If the unit powers up without a memory card, it uses its internal program, and any download or upload is to the internal memory. It's EEPROM, so it should be able to be rewritten if the protect switch is off.
  12. generate pdf file

That file is password protected. You need to provide the password so someone can open it to print it out. Be aware that breaking/bypassing passwords, and discussion of it, is not allowed on this forum.
  13. Oleg

That file is password protected. You need to provide the password so someone can open it to print it out. Be aware that breaking/bypassing passwords, and discussion of it, is not allowed on this forum.
  14. Thanks.  Just seen your message.  I have got the scanner to work now: the lead's plug wasn't fully engaged!  Yes, in the end I had done what you said and converted to and from M bits.  Great minds ….
  15. generate pdf file

please generate a PDF file for me from .rss S6G208.RSS
  16. Oleg

please generate a PDF file for me from .rss S6G208.RSS
  17. HSC, new interrupt after Z-phase reset

linked threads are just for beginner. This is clear for me. I tested some solution and it more less works. Now I have A531.00 set to ON and hardware signal Z-phase reset encoder  I checked that if I want to start counting pulses to target value for CTBL and get another interrupt output ON I have to initiate CTBL once again after encoder reset The problem is timing. I set new CTBL declaration when Z-phase signal (0.04) goes off - but I make it from ladder and cycle is 7.3ms. How I have to implement this to avoid delay from cycle time thanks in advance    I tried to set CTBL in subroutine (interrupt task 141) from Interrupt in direct mode ( CIO 0.05). My idea was to connect Z-phase to CIO0.04 ( encoder reset) and CIO0.05 - CTBL registration), but in such a configuration CTBL doesn't work 
  18. FX-EEPROM-16

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=3221 This thread may help you out. Regards, Garry
  19. HSC, new interrupt after Z-phase reset

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=62245 http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=32652 The above threads may help you out. Regards, Garry
  20. Hi, I have encoder and count pulses in mode "Differential Phase Input" - Linear mode Every one turn I have Z-phase reset and counter starts from 0 I set some target value comparison table from D1000 for @CTBL #0000 #0000 D1000  and it works just one to reach target value   After PLC start and HSC reach target value for Interrupt 01 I get subroutine working, but even I reset HSC using Z-phase signal and PV goes to 0 still interrupt is activated. I would like to start and stop interrupt during one turn of encoder and make it every one turn Thanks for clue       
  21. Melsoft Series GX Develop Error

Please upload your program and I will check for you....   Regards Daniel
  22. Anybus x Gateway assembly instances

Found this document on the HMS Anybus Webiste- it talks about the instance/ structure sizes for an ethernet/ip scanner. Is this what you need? https://www.anybus.com/docs/librariesprovider7/default-document-library/manuals-design-guides/hms-hmsi-27-249.pdf?sfvrsn=1b73aad6_16 You may be able to find a tag structure or UDT also on that page that you can load into your Taglist.   Regards Daniel.
  23. Melsoft Series GX Develop Error

thank you everyone for your response. i think i am opening the right file. because once i click the project button, there are portion for recently open program. and when i click the file/program. it display the error "Failed to read the project file" as shown in the first photo. Thanks again.
  24. Sysmac Studio Improvement Request

The ability to import/export multiple projects at once. 
  25. Yesterday
  26. Anybus x Gateway assembly instances

I'm trying to connect a anybus ethernet/ip scanner with an allen bradley model 1794 AENT/B, but i can't find the assembly instances and data size. Can anybody help me please? I had already try to look everywhere.
  27. Creating an Array in Compactlogix_17JUN19

This got way longer than what your question warranted... It's already been covered but you can even make a String Array (put the text for an HMI in the string and you only have to reference the string tag in the HMI rather than type it. That gives you dynamic tagname and descriptions. If you know what the N's are (aside from being godawful SLC 500 imports vs writing the program properly for CLX) make a UDT so the tags and description makes sense to the next victim then map the N's over to the tags A UDT only allows single dimension arrays (but there is a workaround by using a UDT inside the UDT. It's a bit of a kludge in my world but might be useful in some industries) You can play with all of this in an offline blank program Single Dimension Array: TestTag DINT[10] will give you  10 DINT's starting With TestTag[0] to TestTag[3] Try TestTag DINT[10,10] for some real fun. You get TestTagp[0,0 to TestTag[0,9] up to Test[9,0] to Test[9,9], ie 100 DINT's But... depending on what the data is the tag doesn't really make sense. The power of CLX is that you can make the program more clear by using tags that make sense. Lets say N1 = Speed Min, N2 = Speed Max, N3 = Step Number, N4 = Status Make a UDT, call it... I can't think of anything nice to call N's imported from a SLC so you make the name up... The UDT (Look under Data Types for User Defined Data Type) might look like this  Name  Data  Type  Style  Description  External Access SMin    DINT    Decimal    Speed Minimum    Read/Write SMax    DINT    Decimal    Speed Maximum    Read/Write Step     DINT    Decimal    Step Number    Read/Write Status  DINT    Decimal    Status of Operation    Read/Write                  Now make a tag UDTest [put UDT name here]. I called my testing UDT Alf so UDTest[Alf] UDTest    <normal>            Alf    Standard    Test    Read/Write    0         UDTest.Smin                DINT    Standard    Test Speed Minimum    Read/Write        Decimal     UDTest.Smax                DINT    Standard    Test Speed Maximum    Read/Write        Decimal     UDTest.Step                DINT    Standard    Test Step Number    Read/Write        Decimal     UDTest.Status                DINT    Standard    Test Status of Operation    Read/Write        Decimal       If you make the tagname make sense, without getting too wordy (UDTest is too wordy) then the tagname is useful ***************** Real world (my world, not useful for other industries) UDT The UDT is called Motor. It's literally made for anything that we have that is driven by an electric motor. It looks like this: String1    STRING            Read/Write    1    0 String2    STRING            Read/Write    2    0 SW    INT    Decimal        Read/Write    3    0 A    BOOL    Decimal        Read/Write    5    0 A_Stop    BOOL    Decimal    Auto Stop     Read/Write    6    0 A_Start    BOOL    Decimal    Auto Start    Read/Write    7    0 Stop_I    BOOL    Decimal    Stop Input    Read/Write    8    0 Start_I    BOOL    Decimal    Start Input    Read/Write    9    0 HMIStop    BOOL    Decimal    HMI Stop Button    Read/Write    10    0 HMIStart    BOOL    Decimal    HMI Start Button    Read/Write    11    0 RunStat    BOOL    Decimal    Run Status    Read/Write    12    0 Stop    BOOL    Decimal    Motor Stop    Read/Write    14    0 Run    BOOL    Decimal    Motor Run    Read/Write    15    0 AStop_OS    BOOL    Decimal    Auto Stop One Shot    Read/Write    16    0 AStart_OS    BOOL    Decimal    Auto Start One Shot    Read/Write    17    0 FStart_OS    BOOL    Decimal    Field Start One Shot    Read/Write    18    0 HStart_OS    BOOL    Decimal    HMI Start One Shot    Read/Write    19    0 SOS    BOOL    Decimal    Start Counter One Shot    Read/Write    20    0 RH    DINT    Decimal    Run Hours    Read/Write    21    0 S    DINT    Decimal    Number of Starts    Read/Write    22    0 FailTMR    TIMER        Fail to Start Timer    Read/Write    23    0 T1    TIMER            Read/Write    24    0 T2    TIMER            Read/Write    25    0 T3    TIMER            Read/Write    26    0 T4    TIMER            Read/Write    27    0 T5    TIMER            Read/Write    28    0 T6    TIMER            Read/Write    29    0 T7    TIMER            Read/Write    30    0 T8    TIMER            Read/Write    31    0 T9    TIMER            Read/Write    32    0 T10    TIMER            Read/Write    33    0 RMT    TIMER        Run Minute Timer    Read/Write    34    0 RMC    COUNTER        Run Minute Counter    Read/Write    35    0   Note the mix of data types and the descriptions. Also note that T1 thru T10 do not have a description. These are timers that are available for anything related to Pump Start/Stop logic and the description can be anything. 10 Timers is as many as we need so far. I can edit the UDT if we need more. An example tag looks like this  P5200    <normal>            Motor    Standard    P-5200    Read/Write    0         P5200.String1                STRING    Standard    P-5200    Read/Write             P5200.String2                STRING    Standard    South Mainline Pump    Read/Write             P5200.SW                INT    Standard    P-5200 Status Word    Read/Write        Decimal     P5200.A                BOOL    Standard    P-5200 Auto Mode    Read/Write        Decimal     P5200.A_Stop                BOOL    Standard    P-5200 Auto Stop    Read/Write        Decimal     P5200.A_Start                BOOL    Standard    P-5200 Auto Start    Read/Write        Decimal     P5200.Stop_I                BOOL    Standard    P-5200 Stop Input    Read/Write        Decimal     P5200.Start_I                BOOL    Standard    P-5200 Start Input    Read/Write        Decimal     P5200.HMIStop                BOOL    Standard    P-5200 Stop Control from HMI    Read/Write        Decimal     P5200.HMIStart                BOOL    Standard    P-5200 Start Control from HMI    Read/Write        Decimal     P5200.RunStat                BOOL    Standard    P-5200 Run Status    Read/Write        Decimal     P5200.Stop                BOOL    Standard    P-5200 Motor Stop    Read/Write        Decimal     P5200.Run                BOOL    Standard    P-5200 Run Motor    Read/Write        Decimal     P5200.AStop_OS                BOOL    Standard    P-5200 Auto Stop One Shot    Read/Write        Decimal     P5200.AStart_OS                BOOL    Standard    P-5200 Auto Start One Shot    Read/Write        Decimal     P5200.FStart_OS                BOOL    Standard    P-5200 Field Start One Shot    Read/Write        Decimal     P5200.HStart_OS                BOOL    Standard    P-5200 HMI Start One Shot    Read/Write        Decimal     P5200.SOS                BOOL    Standard    P-5200 Start Counter One Shot    Read/Write        Decimal     P5200.RH                DINT    Standard    P-5200 Run Hours    Read/Write        Decimal     P5200.S                DINT    Standard    P-5200 Number of Starts    Read/Write        Decimal     P5200.FailTMR                TIMER    Standard    P-5200 Fail to Start Timer    Read/Write             P5200.SDTimer                TIMER    Standard    P-5200 Low Suction Pressure Shutdown Delay Timer    Read/Write             P5200.SD1Timer                TIMER    Standard    P-5200 Low Differential Pressure Shutdown Delay Timer    Read/Write             P5200.SD2Timer                TIMER    Standard    P-5200 Low Flow Shutdown Delay Timer    Read/Write             P5200.VSD1Timer                TIMER    Standard    P-5200 Motor Outboard Bearing Vibration Shutdown Delay Timer    Read/Write             P5200.VSD2Timer                TIMER    Standard    P-5200 Motor Inboard Bearing Vibration Shutdown Delay Timer    Read/Write             P5200.VSD3Timer                TIMER    Standard    P-5200 Pump Inboard Bearing Vibration Shutdown Delay Timer    Read/Write             P5200.VSD4Timer                TIMER    Standard    P-5200 Pump Middle Bearing Vibration Shutdown Delay Timer    Read/Write             P5200.VSD5Timer                TIMER    Standard    P-5200 Pump Outboard Bearing Vibration Shutdown Delay Timer    Read/Write             P5200.RMT                TIMER    Standard    P-5200 Run Minute Timer    Read/Write             P5200.RMC                COUNTER    Standard    P-5200 Run Minute Counter    Read/Write             Note how P-5200 in the first description ends up in every tag description If there are 9 pumps and the logic is essentially the same (other than what shuts it down) then you make 10 tags with the correct tagname (P5100 thru P5900, data type Motor), then write the logic for one pump (tag is P5100), then copy and the past original routine to 8 more routines, rename them, then edit each routine by doing a search and replace for P5100 and replacing it with the correct tag for the routine... 95% of the programming work for the pumps is done at this point. All you have to do is true up the shutdown logic and maybe the start and stop logic. UDT's are very handy...  
  28. Load more activity