All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. PLC-5 BTR setup screen for manalog input module

You are on the right track. Way back when... there wasn't any setup screens. You read the manual, and typed in the configuration to various words of the Block Transfer. Later, Rockwell made the software nicer and added the software setup screens, and gave you the ability to add the ladder logic. So..if you have an older application that was written before the software enhancements, good chance the hardware  configuration was never setup.     I have never did one on the fly, but I think you should be able to do it. Just make sure you enter in the information exactly like it is listed in the Block Transfer.
  3. Today
  4. Micro850

So, although I've taken an extensive training course with Rockwell on ControlLogix, I've never written any code. Everything I've done is with RSLogix 500. Now I'm try to write code for a program using CCW for a Micro850. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to set up the timer
  5. Allen Bradley resolver

Hi. I have a 1326AB servo motor and its resolver is out of tune. How is the procedure of mechanical manual phasing in Allen Bradley? Is that V+  W- and sine wave null? Regards.
  6. Weintek mTV100

Hi Everybody, Can anyone help me that how to download easy builder pro program in mtv100 HMI device via ethernet? What are the basic settings?
  7. HI I'm using PlC5/20 when I click on setup screen on the BTR block (to view the analog input configuration) i find the following message: No modules exist in the IOconfiguration for this R/G/M however the analog input signals is running properly....i just want enter the setup screen for configuration. I'm assuming that I need to enter I/O module in the I/O configuration? Can I do this without taking PLC to Program mode?  
  8. HI I'm using PlC5/20 when I click on setup screen on the BTR block (to view the analog input configuration) i find the following message: No modules exist in the IOconfiguration for this R/G/M however the analog input signals is running properly....i just want enter the setup screen for configuration. I'm assuming that I need to enter I/O module in the I/O configuration? Can I do this without taking PLC to Program mode?  
  9. Where is X0 and X1?

What you are seeing is a high speed  configuration.  Rung 2 has all of what you are looking for.  I'm guessing X0 and X1 have an encoder connected to them or maybe some sensor that needs a very timely event done when triggered.
  10. Upload Program from A1SH PLC

Thank for reply, I think it is Ok if I upload program from the system with unique A1SH CPU, but this system include a A7PUS and I don't know that does it matter? This is the first time I work with Mitsubishi PLC. Thank you.
  11. Hello, All of our NB programmes were compiled using Windows 7 and are saved on my companies external hard drives for security. We recently converted our new laptops to Windows 10 and now if I open up a NB programme  it  does not recognise the programme that is saved on the external drive. Looks like I am going to have to save them onto the C Drive. Has anyone come across this?   Regards   Peter
  12. Upload Program from A1SH PLC

http://suport.siriustrading.ro/02.DocArh/01.PLC/03.Modulare/05.MELSEC%20AnS,QnAS/01.Unitati%20centrale/01.AnS/AnS(J)HCPU%20-%20User's%20Manual%20IB(NA)-66779-N%20(01.11).pdf http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=17896 The above information may help you out. Regards, Garry
  13. Upload Program from A1SH PLC

Hi everyone, I am a newbie in Mitsubishi PLC. I have a problem with Uploading program from A1SH PLC. The old system with a A1SH PLC and A7PUS (See the picture is attacked). I want to ask that do i have to note anything when I use GX developer to upload the program in A1SH PLC (How steps I must perform, example: Power off, disassemble A7PUS, Power on, connect USB SC09 cable, online to upload, when upload ok power off, assemble A7PUS, power on and the system operates normal). Thank all.
  14. Where is X0 and X1?

I thought I was some kind of ladder programmer after 35 years, but this program has me licked. I t also had two other serious PLC guys baffled as well although none of us are DL05 gurus. Maybe someone here who is a seriously advanced DL05 programmer can appreciate this program and let me know where I can find two simple inputs. How many ways can you refer to X0 & X1 without ever using X0 and X1 as a reference in your program? LD K30 in V7633 sets the Y0 Y1 outputs to pulsed, X0-X2 to be filtered. LD K6 in V7634 set filter time X0 to 6 ms. Maps to C420 LD K6 in V7635 set filter time X1 to 6 ms Maps to C421 LD K6 in V7636 set filter time X2 to 6 ms Maps to C422 LD K30 into V7637 sets the Y0 to pulsed and the Y1 to direction. I think every trick in the book was used just for fun and not for readability!! Example: A/I 3 & 4 both have discretes hooked up with a resister and then SP612 & SP613 are used in the program. Y0 & Y1 are as you see above, pulsed outputs, Y0 feeds a freq to volt converter to send 4-20ma to the DC drive and Y1 is used as an enable drive bit. Apparently the DL05 PIDs weren't good enough so the programmer built his own as well. Anyway.. I digress. Can you help me find X0 & X1?     300UPGRJ.zip
  15. PIDAT Program setting

Please see a sample program. The PID is not working on simulator, only on real PLC PID Example.cxp
  16. Sample Pid Program

After a lot of research and time loss, I found that the PID is executing if you first clear the entire C area of PIDAT (all 40 words=0) at least one time. After that you don't need to clear anything. Good luck! 
  17. usb connection

hello, how i upload PDF file from  USB to the HMI (NA5),  so the user can choose and show a pdf file from the usb files list?  
  18. For my school project pls help =(
  19. Ultrasonic Flow Meter noise

Are the Flowmeters AC or DC powered? Some frequency outputs are passive that need loop power to operate. If a 24Vdc power supply is in the frequency loop, is the 24V common grounded or floating?   Can you ground the DC supply if floating, or float it if it is grounded in order check alternative performance? I have heard of some field instrument outputs picking up noise from switching DC power supplies, where the solution was to substitute a linear DC power supply.   Linear supplies are now uncommon, but it might be worth the effort to locate one for testing to see if it makes any difference. Presumably the Fluke is battery powered and floating.     Are the frequency test results done with the field wires disconnected from the input terminals of the AB input card, or with the field wires connected? I wonder what an AC powered, grounded chassis oscilloscope would show for an ”as connected” test (in parallel with the connected field wiring)? I’ve seen 4-20mA common mode issues disappear when the field wiring is disconnected and its signal checked with a floating battery powered meter where problem reasserts itself when the field wiring is re-connected, because common mode is ’common’ between two points - remove the commonality (wiring connected, not floating) and the common mode disappears. Try the same frequency test with the (-) low side meter probe grounded to see if you get the same results. 
  20. Yesterday
  21. I am trying to examine a proximity sensor during acceleration: what I am trying to accomplish is "during acceleration if there is no change in state to the poximity sensor (either stays high or low depending on last cycle) then initiate shutdown. What I am currently getting is "as soon as acceleration starts shut down". I am not sure how to examine the state of the input for "no change" and am wondering if anyone might have some insight as to how to accomplish this? I am using an EZ420 PLC/HMI Hopefully a screenshot of my current logic (reference rungs 7-12) is attached. Thanks in advance!
  22. Map Physical Input and Output to Word

Elements of a union or structure (with the period in the name) cannot be used in the I/O Map.
  23. Watch Tab Page (Table) can also be used for structures.  Shows all elements in a structure the same way it does arrays.
  24. folder display on the HMI

Nope.  Not possible with current tool.
  25. is it possible to display a folder with pdf files on the hmi so the user can choose a file from the list? i dont want to upload every file to the hmi, i mean that if i upload a file to this folder in the pc it will update also the folder in the hmi. anyone can help me?
  26. Hello All I am new to Mitsibishi servodrive, i am using a Beckhoff PLC TwinCAT3  and MR-J4-TM servo drive from mitsubishi , i connected the servo to the NTwinCAT using etherCAT. I was able to write a program where i was able to activate the servo from the TwinCAT using the mc_Power instruction . My question is , i am not able to run the servo using the mc_movevelocity and mc_moverelative . Do any one have any suggestion to how to go from here .. datei_Mr-J4-TM_TwinCat_EtherCAT.pdf
  27. Load more activity