All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. Today
  3. PIDAT INSTRUCTION PROGRAM

Hello PLC Users, I have recently final year project for my college. And i make PID instruction to control pressure and used VFD to control the pump. also used 4-20mA for Pressure sensor and 0-10V for VFD. But, i don't know how to use PIDAT instruction, please help me to understanding PIDAT Instruction, or do you have example ladder for my problem. Thank's   :)
  4. Gender Neutral Electrical Connector

In all seriousness I like the terms Initiator/Responder for communications. I think the relationship is much more clear that way. Though I don't know how I could encourage others in that use.
  5. Yesterday
  6. Gender Neutral Electrical Connector

This is not a CNN forum.
  7. Map Physical Input and Output to Word

It will only work if I am using modular input and output . But I am using nx1p2. There is no channel as compare to Cp1e
  8. Industrial Controls Network Design

The IT person and the plant controls person need to work together to resolve the issues and you need to see each other as peers working toward a common solution. Too often, the PLC person views the network as similar to the plant-wide electrical distribution network. Just plug in that cat5 cable and you're good to go. Too often the IT person views all packets on the network as being of equal value. So if that update of the state of the inputs gets lost, there'll be another coming along shortly.
  9. FX5U and FX5-ENET/IP

I have two FX5 PLCs and I want to communicate using FX5-ENET/IP modules.  First PLC1 Eth/IP module IP: 192.168.003.100 Second PLC2 Eth/IP module IP: 192.168.003.102 I downloaded configurations using FX5-ENET/IP config1.png and config2.png   On both modules MS LED is green. I have also installed FX5-ENET/IP blocks - fbenetip.png. Now I want to create simple program to set boolean in PLC1 and read it in PLC2. There is function in PLC1: M_FX5ENETIP_Class1GetInputData_00A_2(i_bEN:= TRUE ,i_stModule:= FX5ENETIP_1 ,i_uConnectionNo:= 1 , o_uInputData=> D1000); And function in PLC2: M_FX5ENETIP_Class1SetOutputData_00A_1(i_bEN:= TRUE ,i_stModule:= FX5ENETIP_1 ,i_uConnectionNo:= 1 ,i_uOutputData:= D1000); 1. When I set D1000 to 1 in PLC2 it does not appear on PLC1. What am I missing? Error in U1\G6262 is H010F so TCP/IP error 2. What should I put as i_uConnectionNo? Should I set something in ExternalDevice configuration? 3. How should I set which bits are exchanged? Sorry for questions but I am a Siemens guy. Everything in Siemens is simple. You drag and drop module define memory area which is exchanged and then use addresses from that area in the program.  
  10. Ethernet/IP bandwidth

I’ve decided to just try, in my opinion not alot of information is exchanged even by the vision system. If I run into any trouble I’ll be back. thanks, Andy
  11. Unclear on OTE OTU instructions used together

Also I would right click on n15:201 and do a find all or a cross reference to see what all changes that value. To me it looks like there is some feed back from the drive or somewhere else in the code that tells it there's an emergency condition.
  12. Unclear on OTE OTU instructions used together

Otu and Otl get mixed with Ote alot. Typically when I've seen it done it was a two fold reason.Number one was for Hmi software like wonderware when you build out motor control popups you usually use set instructios in wonderware to turn on a bit in the plc the otu will force the bit to unlatch in wonderware. Two otu will ensure you drop an Ote to a false state if they are properly placed in the program. We do this so the time in my plant. It works fine. Also using integers instead of bits works much better. It allows alot of data to be exchanged in a single word.
  13. @radouan For start to use SoMachine Basic you should use this e-learning. https://www.schneider-electric.com/en/download/document/SoMachine+Basic+V1.3+eLearning/
  14. @Inc If you use Citect SCADA you can direct access to %M or %MW with it address such as %MW0. If you use others SCADA you can use Modbus TCP driver to connect them. Both of these methods not necessary to writing code.
  15. Last week
  16. Joe, yes there is. 11 of them to be exact. I attached a picture of one of them if it'll help. Thank you for the info on the analog signals as well. I figured it would be something like that.
  17. Kinetix 6500 - ip address changing procedure

I have a Kinetix 6500; I used Boot/P to install the IP Address. Everything was good until the power was cycled on and off. Lost the IP Address in the servo units. I was reading the Kinetix 6500: Procedure for Setting the Ethernet IP Address, but it shows RSLinx Classic Gateway and I am looking at RSLogix 5000. Need direction.   Thanks
  18. Micro850

This might be helpful. 24 page tutorial to show how to use a timer  https://www.brightonk12.com/cms/lib/MI02209968/Centricity/Domain/517/Tutorial%2002%20PLC.pdf
  19. Micro850

After loading 12 and running it I re-read the salesman's email. He said 12 is coming out this fall. I hope that was a typo. I just sent him this (including his part): My salesman never has to wonder what I think.  They have a $450 upgraded that might have some value but not even Fabreeze can make fresh poo smell good so we'll see. It's a shame they rolled out new hardware with such a pile of crap for software. Software sells their product. Even worse, they just keep rolling the same garbage out.
  20. Micro850

I seem to remember hearing that about every version...
  21. Micro850

I finally got the software loaded (Version 12). I see where you are coming from. This is a perfect example of why I never adopted their little brick. They make something as simple as a timer into a kludgy mess. If I had spare time I'd be doing something better than working inside of their ratty software. Supposedly they are going to make things better with Rev 14.
  22. At least you have some time to figure it out. The Logix 5000 platform handles analog signals in a much cleaner way than previous systems. If you're using all 1756-xxxx I/O, you're good. Double-click on the analog module in the I/O tree of the project to open its properties dialog box and go to the "Configuration" tab. There you can set up each channel for whether it's voltage or current and the high/low signal and engineering ranges. As an example, we have a system where +/10V corresponds to +/-0.010". We would set the "signal" fields to 10V and -10V and the engineering units fields to 0.010 and -0.010. Then, in the tag database, find the analog module and look for something like "Local:5:I.Ch2Data" (example from the project I have open that has an analog input module in slot 5 of the local chassis). The value of that tag will be the scaled-to-engineering-units signal from the analog input. No need to use a COP or MOV at all, unless you want to buffer it or use internal tags to make re-wiring I/O easier. Are there any MSG instructions in the original PLC5 project?
  23. I have Allen Bradley SLC500 1747-L20A ser.B. On the electronic board, I have two EPROM memory chips. How can the processor read the second chip? Now reads only 1747-M1. And I need to read SLC500 FX1CPU. When I remove the first chip, the processor gives an error.
  24. This would have been a good idea, but at the same time I'm not experienced enough to really know how to make it easier to follow and I would run into these BTR, BTW, and MSG instructions and still not know how to handle them. Not to mention, even the guys I work with were laughing about how disorganized this program is. It's definitely been a tough first assignment. Good thing shutdown isn't until Christmas.
  25. I am absolutely not a fan of the migration tool. Logix is such an outstanding platform and migration just squanders the flexibility of the platform away. You end up with all kinds of "useless trash" in what could otherwise be a clean and easy to troubleshoot program.  I work in oil and gas so we have it a little simpler than other industries. DI, SO, AI, AO and some communication (Modbus) every now and then. I've used Message blocks to transfer bits from PLC to PLC of over the WAN (think 100's of square miles or more not building). With that said, I'd rather develop the program based on the needs of the process. That way I know what's "in the box". I start with an IO list, followed by a transmitter list, then alarm and shutdown list, then the cause and effect (all in one Excel sheet). Again, what we do in the industry that I work in is not hard (if you know the process).  DITTO!
  26. The PLC5 uses block transfer instructions to read/write and configure analog modules (among other things). You won't need them or the MSG instructions. The I/O will be read/written directly through the I/O tree via Ethernet. I've never used the migration tool, but I've heard horror stories about it and the code it gives you. I did a migration not too long ago that had a PLC5 in its home chassis along with 6 other racks of I/O modules communicating back over an RIO network, along with 2 HMIs using DH+ to talk to the PLC over its other channel. There was a second PLC (a CompactLogix) with a Flex I/O chassis and HMI that handled an inline gauge. It was an old system with a lot of obsolete code, so I ended up doing the transcription manually, which went pretty smoothly but took a few days. We ended up with a single ControlLogix -L71 in the home chassis with 3 remote ControlLogix racks, 3 Flex I/O racks, 4 drives, and 4 HMIs, all on Ethernet. Transcribing the code ended up being very straightforward and gave me the chance to re-organize it some to make it easier to follow. I would not want this to be one of my first projects, though. The discrete I/O is no big deal, but you have to be able to interpret the block transfers and I/O configuration of the PLC5 to figure out which addresses in the PLC5 program correspond to the analog signals so you can substitute in the right tags in the new system.
  27. Hello, I am currently converting a project from PLC5 to ControlLogix. I have migrated the program from Logix5 to Logix5000 and any Block Transfer Read, Block Transfer Write, or Message instructions were converted to a MSG in Logix5000. We are using the  AB PLC5 to ControlLogix 1756 Conversion Kit. All old racks and cards will be upgraded to ControlLogix racks and cards.I have a few questions:1. In the old system there was only 1 rack with a PLC5, the other 4 simply had I/O and communicated that back to the PLC5 over DH. These BTR and BTW instructions were only used for the analog data somehow, correct? If yes, can you elaborate on this a bit please.2. As I said earlier, there were also message instructions. My understanding is that message instructions are only needed when communicating between multiple PLCs. So if there was only one PLC5, why were message instructions being used?3. The upgraded system will only have 1 rack with a PLC (1756-L73) and will be communicating with the other 4 racks over ethernet. Since ethernet is being used, are these message instructions (BTR, BTW & message from the old program) even necessary anymore? Do they need to be replaced with a MOV or COP instruction?If more information is needed please let me know. I'm new to the industry and this is the first project I was put on so I'm definitely a noob here.
  28. Industrial Controls Network Design

Sorry, you just went over my head. I think they advise to physically isolate the controls and IT networks for security reasons (primarily). I know our IT network is divided up into VLANs that are set up so that only certain address ranges are routable. So devices on our "machines" VLAN can reach each other regardless of which switch/port they're plugged into as long as their IP addresses are in the correct range and the port they're plugged into is on the right VLAN. We're only using those connections for remote access for programming PCs and one or two SCADA PCs. Actual machine controls (drives, I/O chassis, etc.) are on physically isolated local networks on non-routable subnets. Our IT system is very centrally managed (from another state) and we're not allowed to have any local control of anything more than an unmanaged switch.
  29. Industrial Controls Network Design

Thanks - Ill see if we can get in touch with a rep as a lot of our controls are AB/Rockwell. I could be very wrong about this, but when I look at documentation from Rockwell on industrial networking I interpret their solutions as being focused on heavily deploying switches throughout the plant floor then linking up the industrial network with the IT network with a router or layer 3 device.  If I am interpreting that right, is there value in that type of design vs. using central layer 3 switches that have vLans segregating the PLC network from other business networks?
  30. Load more activity