All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. Today
  3. Yesterday
  4. Real-time tag data in email

There may be a better way to do this PaulKim, but a string tag is actually a defined data type of several elements.  A Length Variable usually a SINT/DINT and then an array of SINTS.  To add tag data to your email body it is a simple matter of copying the TAG from it's register into the proper SINTs of the string for body.  And then adjusting the length variable accordingly.
  5. Tracking,

@ABlearner Couple of quick observations about your program: 1.  If this is in the Continuous Task the following will be true:        A) Your trigger will happen every {5000ms + Continuous Task Scan MS} in time.        B) Your shift will almost never happen exactly at 5000ms because the first scan where timer is done could be at 5000 ot 5000 + scan. 2.  If accuracy is critical - consider eliminating the timer, using a counter and moving the BSL to a periodic Task triggered every 1000 ms.\ Note you can't move the BSL to a periodic task scanned every 5000 ms because the BSL input must see the Negative to Positive transition for each shift.
  6. Conveyor flow logic

I will look when I get home tonight that code if I still have it is over 17 years old and comes from four jobs before the one I hold now.  It probalby was 'stripped" / lost from the post when the webmaster migrated servers back around 2010 or 2015.  {I've slept cince then} LOL.
  7. Hi all, I have a global customer that still uses FTV SE version 10 (I'm sure some may know who). I provide a customised solution using CompactLogix 5380 series PLC and an FTV SE application for part of their operations. Something that has been on my mind for a while is the ability of local tags or variables held only at the display client (thin client in this case). I have used HMI tags and also tags in the PLC, but my need for local client tags is that I hold the current display name and importantly, the area of the display page. Essentially I use a common display page to show one of two areas, they are identical in appearance, just different areas, and make good use tag substitution by passing a parameter file to the selected display page. While the methods above appear to work, I wonder what happens when two users at two different display clients operate the application, selecting different pages from my menu. With either HMI tags or PLC tags, they would simply get over written by the last write by the last user, hence why I would like to use tags local to the display client. I would like to avoid any use of HMI tags stored on the server if possible. Any advice is much appreciated.  
  8. There's several.  The embedded service packet carries multiple nested requests/replies.  Its first data word is the quantity.  Then, a word for each embedded request/reply containing the byte offset from the beginning of data for that embedded request/reply.  From there, decode a reply as usual (byte echo of service with high bit flipped, reserved byte, status byte, byte for extra status length...).
  9. Just one more question, Where is this CIP status code in wireshark packet? As you mentioned here, it is 6. I am not able to find this in wireshark packet. 
  10. Sort your global variables by the AT column and then select all the ones with an AT assignment. Copy-and-paste into your watch tab. You can grab all of them in one go
  11. Cannot Write to D for Simulation

Ok noted. I will try to find further. Thank you all!
  12. Last week
  13. NA5 line animation scaling off

Thanks for the reply Crossbow. Is there a way to find this out? If I look at the size of each page they are set to 1280x800 (except for popups of course). And the size grayed out so i can't change any values. I'm assuming that is hard-set when you select your HMI. 
  14. CRC: using different polynomials in GXworks 3

I was able to get ahold of mitsubishi tech support and they read over the manual with me. They assured me that there is no way to change its polynomial output and were even surprised that some CRC function existed at all. Well, the time has come to make it from scratch in pure LD. Wish me luck. *jack hammer noises
  15. To add to ElectronGuru's warning, I've seen a firmware update fail on a PF7xx once that bricked the drive. Thankfully, we had a spare on hand. Doubly thankfully, the one doing the flashing was an AB engineer so they ate the cost of the replacement. I've generally seen FW updates on PLCs and modules go pretty smoothly, but I would be cautious about flashing a drive. Could be that I'm biased because I've only been involved with a very small number of them and one of them failed but if I didn't really need the updated FW in that drive, I'd probably leave it alone.
  16. Powerflex 40 Firmware update

Go to Rockwell's Product Compatibility and Download Center (PCDC) website here: https://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/MultiProductSelector.aspx?crumb=111 Type "ControlFlash Plus" in the search box and chose the latest revision, and it will populate in the right-side box. Click on the down arrow below the "Download" box. This will prompt you to log in or create a user account. Anyone can create a user account and download ControlFlash and firmware. Once you're logged in, click the down button again, select the software, download and install it. Once installed, open ControlFlash Plus, scan the network with the hardware you want to flash, select the hardware and firmware revision you to flash to, and follow the prompts. IMPORTANT! Do not remove power, network connection, or otherwise interfere with the flash process once it's begun. Interrupting a firmware flash will irreversibly damage your hardware.
  17. Thank you so much for all these information and suggestion. This gave me a lot of clarity and would definitely help me in debugging. I will update here as I get some breakthrough. 
  18. Hello Everyone, I want to upgrade the firmware of Powerflex 40 from 5.001 to 6.002  can anyone tell me how can I do that?  
  19. The embedded service errors are between the PC and PLC, not in your PLC to device comms.
  20. The originator is the device making the request--the PC in this case. It is quite possible that the presence or absence of some data from your devices changes the data sizes returning from these requests to the PLC, and eliminating these size "errors".  Is this only RSLinx on the PC?  (I wouldn't expect Rockwell to screw up something so fundamentally their design.  Or maybe I would. )
  21. So I get these "Embedded service error" packets only when I connect more than one I/O device in topology. Could it be a chance that some configuration in PLC is not correct for topology?  Also, I am little confused here for originator. So in trace, these error packets are returned by PLC (192.168.1.25). As per my understanding, originator is the controller (PLC), but just to confirm, what would be the originator here, RSlogix5000/PLC who sends command or I/O device who receive the command and sends feedback?  I mean what I should debug, PLC/RSlogix5000 or my I/O devices? My communication flow is : I send command from logix5000 to my I/O devices and receive command feedback on logix5000 from I/O device.
  22. Spot checked some more.  Same pattern.  I think the originator's program is too dumb to forecast the expected return sizes to avoid large responses in return packets.  If a commercial package, can you name them so I can shame them?
  23. Just did the first one.  The "errors" aren't errors at all, but "partial data" markers (CIP status code 6).  Logix returns these when a response won't fit in the return packet and the originator is required to make a follow-up request for continuation. There were three of these in the one packet, and are perfectly normal.
  24. Cannot Write to D for Simulation

That is true when Z0 =40 on D30Z0 then it's D70. Z0 will probably be 11 sometimes. you can move any numer into Z0 the same as you would with a D register Strange maybe it's set from an HMI or something         
  25. Cannot Write to D for Simulation

I found this ladder which D30Z0 and the Z0 value is 40. I assumed it will write 0 to D30-D70. Is this true? I tried to disable by replace SM400 to SM401 and now able to write directly to D40. Thanks! Btw, which device is setting the Z0 to 40? I have search and found not mov instruction for Z0.   I found
  26. Just do the step i posted in your other post
  27. Now lets change and let the System Q be the client. Then you need to change the basic parameter setting to user setting parameters Set the automat comms and refresh as you have set now. Now you are reading Coil 130 => D100.0 and writing coil 128 and 129 with the status from D200.0 and D200.1 So you code in the PLC schouls also be with hose devices where  Y80 - D100.0 Y81 - D200.0 Y82 - D200.1    
  28. Ok First lets choose the first comm style with Factory IO being the client asking the questions. In this case all you have to to set the basic params and don't need the autom comm settings or Refresh. In this case Y80,Y81,Y82 reperesent Coil 128,129,130.  So If you set Coil 128 on Factory IO coil 130 should set as well.  
  29. Cannot Write to D for Simulation

Check if there are any index writing going on Example: mov K0  D5Z0 if Z =50 then 0 is written into D55. Also stop any other comms possible writing to this devoce
  30. Load more activity