Sergei Troizky

Simple programming cable for Mitsubishi FX

126 posts in this topic

SC09 aint that expensive compared to Siemens cables.. But if want to save a buck then get one off ebay. Also comes in usb flavour.

In 2003, when this thread has been started, the SC-09 cable retailed in North America for over $200. The information was extremely useful at that time. Show me another thread with 70000 views on this forum! Yes, things changed since that, and so did the interest to the thread. The last topic was dated 2009, if you have not mentioned this. Edited by Sergei Troizky

ye its work i try today its work properly

Hi good Day I have also have FX 3G 40M and FX 3G 60M PLC in addition with FX 1S and FX 1n series what cable/cable diagram and software should I use?

All FX PLCs with the 8-pin round port use the same cable.

and what about the software, will GX developer will work for all my FX plc's?

Depends on the version of software. FX3U was added in 8.25, FX3G was added in about 8.68. All older models are supported.

Thanks Friends it was working with fx3u cpu.

thanks, it´s working fine on the PLC FX2N64MT

Hey all, greetings from Australia :) This cable works perfectly on our standard Fx1n's but we have a few automatic strapping machines with a FX1n-20BMT-NI plc card, (also goes by the part number PM-20BMT-002.) We had one of the inputs on a card fail, so we bought another, the original has an eprom socket from which the program can be swopped the new does not. We would also like to hook up our lappies to the strappers when they are giving trouble to assist with troubleshooting. Anyone have any ideas I might try? I am about to do the pin7-8 jumper and give that a good.

Thanks for your support to make this cable sir, Thanks Bossp

Hello can any one please share the cable pin out drawing which is correctly woks with FX0-20MR this will be very appricaited Thanks

just buy the cable. research which one you need. they are cheap on ebay or other websites. don't waste your time making these.

May someone give me the schematic diagram of the sc09 cable,i want to build myself and where I could download the GX programmer and files to program the FX-128M and FX-80M

Please do not post on multiple topics about the same question. And the answer on your cable is in this thread if you review it.

Hallo could someone confirm if the the Rajsiyer cable modification works with changing resistor to pin 2 from 3 on 25 pin male connector to PLC. I have two machines Mitsubishi FX2-CPU which developed a problem after battery failure. I made the cable as designed and try to program with GX Developer v8.91 but with no success in communication. I would I appreciate if some one may help.

Cannot see the attached pictures in this topic anymore!

Are they deleted? For what reason?

Edited by Sergei Troizky

Found this diagram... It worked just fine on the FX1S

Mitsubishi_Cable FX connection.jpg

Does anyone have the schematic for the PC DB9 to PLC DB25 cable. One user had posted it as CABLE.doc, but that is inaccessible at the moment.

Hello, look a picture.

SC-09-RS232-RS422-interface-is-available-in-A-and-FX-series-3-meters-red-version.jpg

The SC09 is an active unit converting the RS232 single ended protocol (which should be +/- 10 to 15Volt from the PC) to a differential output to the PLC (which runs between 0 and 5 Volts).  Using the simple cable identified at the start of this thread you will be relying on the PLC's input protection to limit the high RS232 voltages to the lower +/- 5 Volts.  This would not be how the PLC would have been designed to be used.   

There are so many SC09 clones on Ebay and Amazon that do the conversion safely why take the risk of damaging the PLC?

Captain buzz kill signing off.

That's what I have always said.

I have 3 mitsubishi original red leads and a few ebay yellow leads - for USB.

I only use the originals in the field but the yellow copies work very well and have transmission led's.

The original post was back in 2003 when copies were not available but now what is £20 compared to your time to source parts make one.

19 hours ago, whyme said:

... why take the risk of damaging the PLC?

Have you seen a single complain about damaged PLC from 170K+ viewers?

4 hours ago, Ron_S said:

The original post was back in 2003 when copies were not available...

That's right. The SC-09 retailed for $200 at the time.

36 minutes ago, Sergei Troizky said:

Have you seen a single complain about damaged PLC from 170K+ viewers?

It shows that the Mitsubishi is bomb proof I admit but as a principle, hashing these two protocols together like this is not a guaranteed practice.  The voltage levels are too diverse.  Not all designers will have such a thorough protection circuit on their hardware.  To evade needing to have an RS232 to RS422 converter I do not believe that this is a valid technique.

Edited by whyme
grammer
1 person likes this