Wojtiqs

Equivalent to the "SET OUT RESET" instruction in the CX-Programmer

12 posts in this topic

I have an old Fanuc SeriesONE PLC which will be replaced with a new Omron CJ1M
The SET OUT RESET instruction is used in the Fanuc PLC program.
Is there an equivalent of such instruction in CX-Programmer?

Set Out Rst.jpg

Take a look at DIFU.

Also, in the CJ series, contact instructions can be differentiated.

In classic input mode, look in the bottom left of the dialog box.

gtsuport

New CJ1M?  I thought CJ1 was phased out years ago when CJ2 launched.

That controller is generations out of date at this point.  Should be looking at NX102.

1 hour ago, Crossbow said:

New CJ1M?  I thought CJ1 was phased out years ago when CJ2 launched.

That controller is generations out of date at this point.  Should be looking at NX102.

Indeed the CJ1M is old and the the CJ2 series is the current PLC offering.

I use around 30 CJ2 series PLC's/Year on multiple projects with CX Programmer.

The NX/NJ series Machine Automation Controllers with Sysmac Studio are the latest product offering, but I am not aware that OMRON PLC products with CX Programmer are being phased out or at end of life cycle.

Unless you know something I don't??

1 hour ago, BITS N BYTES said:

Indeed the CJ1M is old and the the CJ2 series is the current PLC offering.

I use around 30 CJ2 series PLC's/Year on multiple projects with CX Programmer.

The NX/NJ series Machine Automation Controllers with Sysmac Studio are the latest product offering, but I am not aware that OMRON PLC products with CX Programmer are being phased out or at end of life cycle.

Unless you know something I don't??

CX-P PLCs being phased out? That is news. The CS1D redundant processors with FB programming are pretty new!

2 hours ago, BobB said:

CX-P PLCs being phased out? That is news. The CS1D redundant processors with FB programming are pretty new!

I think you'll be safe for a while yet with the CJ/CS series, there's isn't a redundancy option available in the NJ/NX range yet.

I hope so - have to do things for the lowest common denominator here and that means easy ladder LOL. And I/O numbers. I have enough trouble here with my largest client trying to get him to understand a bit counter and screens? Painful sometimes. The main reason I have not bothered venturing into 'the dark side' with the new stuff. I once used Network Variables - never again - had him on the phone for many hours trying to sort him out. LOL

CJ2 and CS1 are not going anywhere.  Not being phased out.  No worries.

1 person likes this

Hi... I was thinking for purchasing a PLC for some advanced learning, i was thinking of going for CJ1M-CPU21 (along with some modules) and this CPU seems like cost effective compare to other CPU type & Ethernet option CPU as well.

Would this CPU will cover all the basic/advanced option which the CS series PLC had in terms of software and hardware. So further there shouldn't be any complication using any omron PLC with cx-p exept CP series.

Whether i have to go Ethernet Option CPU ?

I need the opinion from expert before spending some $, no problem if it's one time spending which last long.

Thanks

Edited by Abdul Wajid

Look, I never said CJ was going away, please read more carefully.  I said I was under the impression that the CJ1 CPUs were made obsolete after the launch of the CJ2.

Far more effective options these days is NX102.

1 person likes this

You can certainly use a CJ1 for testing and it would likely cover everything you need.  The CJ2 is the current family though.