Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
elenercom

Sharing of software in forums

8 posts in this topic

Hi Crossbow and everybody, I'm ever so sorry for making discussion on download of MEDOC. I knew that Medoc is obsolete, but I really need it for working on obsolete PLC. I worked on Medoc 1.64 about 10 years ago and I thoght it's free now or Mitsubishi doesn't support it anymore. In fact I can search somewhere else for Medoc on the Internet, but asking you in the forums seems to be the fastest way. In other forums, e.g www.searcheng.co.uk people share softwares quite freely though it's not good thing to do. While you can freely download programing softwares (even up-to-date version) from other PLC makers website, e.g LGIS why Mitsi can not do that for obsolete ones?

You personally can do what ever you want. If you want to search google and find Medoc, go right ahead. What I have to look out for is the best interest of this website. We represent alot of PLC vendors, we certainly believe in supporting each one of them and must legaly follow the rules. If it is questionable, we don't take any chances, the posting or links must be removed. Please read our TOS: http://www.mrplc.com/tos.shtml No Responsibility to Monitor Material MrPLC.com is not and will not be responsible for, screening or monitoring material posted by You or any other person or entity in Interactive Areas. If notified by one of Our users of any material that is alleged not to conform to the terms of this Policy, we may Investigate the allegation and determine in Our sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the material. We reserve the right to remove material, which is abusive, illegal, derogatory, disruptive, or that otherwise fails to conform to this Policy. We reserve the right to edit or delete any material posted on this Site, regardless of whether such material violates these standards for content. We have no liability or responsibility to You or any other person or entity for performance or nonperformance of the screening activities set forth above. Rules for comment removable from the Automation Links Interactive areas are: In certain situations, outlined below, MrPLC.com will remove postings by third parties ("posters" or "users"), including: MrPLC.com is presented with a valid court order from a court of competent jurisdiction ordering the removal of the posting; MrPLC.com is presented with a valid court order from a court of competent jurisdiction finding that the posting is slanderous, libelous, defamatory or otherwise illegal; MrPLC.com is presented with a settlement agreement, resolving a dispute between the poster and any third party(ies) complaining about the posting, mandating that the posting be removed; The posting contains vulgar, profane, or obscene language; The posting contains adult material, including but not limited to, graphic images, written images, or links thereto; The posting does not relate to a valid commercial transaction and is not the type of posting for which the Web site is intended, namely rating the suppliers of products or services; The posting contains personal identifying information about another user of this Web site; The posting was posted by a user who submitted falser contact information during the registration process and MrPLC.com is unable to contact the poster/user; and Multiple copies of the same posting; or The posting references a commercial transaction that did not occur. If you believe that a user has posted material which meets one of the above conditions, please contact MrPLC.com using the Contact Us link provided at the top of the page.

While I understand that the software is available elsewhere on the Internet, it is illegal to share it, and as indicated above in the terms of service, the discussion of the topic is limited so as not to bring a legal liability to the owners of the website. This site is a great resource, and I'm sure if legal troubles were to hit the owners over something that was said in its pages, it would simply be shut down to prevent personal loss. I don't want to see that.

I know that there are a lot of people who will just say it is obsolete, the company does not support it, so it must be fair game. Here is the question I ask. Is there an alternative that the company promotes as a replacement? In the case of MEDOC, Mitsubishi is offering a direct replacement of the software and therefore it is advantagous for them to enforce their copyright on their old software. This goes for hardware too. As a company obsoletes the hardware they may also obsolete the software. Does this make it fair game? I don't believe so because on reason for them doing it would be for them to promote the use of their newer product and the replacement of their older products Now if a company has dropped off of the face of the earth and you can find no alternative, then that is a different story Yes there are gray areas but the person requesting the software better give a good explaination and not just come out asking where can I download XXXXXXX software

GX Developer is the easiest replacement. You can directly read programs written in melsec medoc dos, mm FX Win and GPP. In the demo software download on this site you can download a free 1000 step version. Download code => Mitsubishi=> demo software Edited by Gambit

Actually I've been told that MEDOC is still available for purchase from Mitsubishi. At least here in the US. But they don't sell many, and I'm sure the price has been inflated to make it less appealing than GX-Developer.

Here in the US, at least, MEDOC is available for free. However, it cannot be used with the newer Mitsubishi product, such as the Q-series or FX3U. GX Developer is fully backwards compatible with Mitsubishi hardware, however.

almost... i think it doesn't work for the really old hardware.