Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TigerLily

NX1P EtherCAT Master to Beckhoff EtherCAT Coupler

4 posts in this topic

Hello!

I am working on a quote for a new project that will use EtherCAT but also requires DeviceNet for some legacy components.  Has anyone successfully used the Beckhoff EtherCAT coupler (EK1100) with the DeviceNet Master Terminal (EL6752) and an Omron PLC as the EtherCAT master? My concern is that the coupler will only communicate with the Beckhoff EtherCAT master, but since it is so much more expensive to get the new Omron parts to communicate DeviceNET i am hoping this could be an option.  The equipment is extremely simple and price is a major consideration.

Thank you!!!

If the device is truly compliant with EtherCAT, the brand of master should not matter.

I would think it would be compliant since Beckhoff created the Ethercat standard.

So I ended up using the NJ CPU with an Omron DeviceNet card, Beckhoff was not sure that the Omron EtherCAT Master would communicate with the DeviceNet Master card on the Beckhoff EtherCAT coupler, they were certain that we would have no issues communicating with the Beckhoff EtherCAT coupler, but the issue was then communicating to the DeviceNet Master since that was designed to work with their PLCs, since I already have the Beckhoff components laying around I am hoping to try it some time, but I just didn't have time on this project and had to go with what I knew for certain would work!

Thank you for your input and if I ever get time to try it out I will let you know the outcome!