Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CX_Luigi

out-of-production support and spares availability

9 posts in this topic

I am working overhauling a system that is using a significant number of Sysmac Bus remote I/O cards to Compobus-D. In future the same overhaul will be extended to two other identical systems, so I need to know which is the current support and spare availability for Sysmac-Bus parts to schedule in advance the next round of works. Can someone point me to documents or informations detailing this type of support from Omron?

Please be more specific as to PLC model and slaves.

PLCs are C200HS-CPU21, with C200H-RM201 and G72C-ID16-1/OD16-1. Customer wants to keep the system going for another few years, and I was able to convince him to upgrade at least one system with Compobus-D. At the end, the plan is to migrate all systems to CJ CPU and integrate them with their production management system, something that for now is only partially done.

I believe these patrs are still available, apart from the C200HS. The biggest problem I have had with the 200HS (and 200H) is the unavailability of parts for the power supplies. The latest RT201 and 202 have new power supplies from my understanding from my Omron rep. Someone inside Omron mat know better.

You can find C200HS parts via these two links, just to name a few. http://business.search.ebay.com/omron_Busi...R8QQsacatZ12576 http://www.plccenter.com/

Personally, if there is already a plan to upgrade the PLCs to CJ series, I would just use the fact that they are wearing out as the platform to jump to the CJs now. I think you and your customer will be much happier. That would also save the step of replacing them now then replacing again later.

that was my original idea, but unfortunately it was rejected for a host of reasons (big order coming, budget not enough at the moment, retraining time for maintenance people...) so I'm putting up with the situation.

If you are going to upagrade, I suggest you look at the CS instead of the CJ. You can use the RM201, RT201 and all of the existing digital I/O modules. I recently did such an upgrade. I did have to use new analog I/O. Depending on which CPU you get, determines what communicaitons are available built in. You get the back plane made for mixing the I/O. I originally wanted to go to a CJ and the Guru's at Omron suggested the CS as the C200 I/O modules will be supported for a while and if they fail a CS I/O is a direct replacement. This saved more $$ than you would think. Edited by OIDMBTRTECH

Just to reinforce what these guys are telling you, the upgrade to the CS is very fast, easy and not as expensive as you may think. Especially if you have a lot of I/O. CX Programmer will convert the program for you and the I/O will plug right into the the CS backplane. No wiring.