Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smoke

For fun

22 posts in this topic

Give this a try. Frogleap.xls

Nice

Now that's what I call trial & error

I thought I got it pretty quick. I took it home, thought it would keep my 12 year old busy for a while. He loaded it on his machine. I walked out of his room and sat on my chair as he exclaimed he was done. I swear children that are willing to apply themselves have no boundaries.

It took me several tries. Thats neat. Thanks for posting it

Theres no trial and error. Thats a classic mathematical puzzle for which the same rules apply no matter how many frogs there are. So who can write the formula for the moves to make to solve the puzzle?

Written for the Six Frog Example - Expandable if Steps 6 & 7 are repeated. Also left and Right is relative 1. Move Right From Left 2. Jump Left over Right 3. Move Left 1 Right 4. Jump All Lefts to Right 5. Move and Jump Rights 6. Move and Jump Left 7. Move and Jump Rights 8. Move Left Edited by BobLfoot

A mathematical formula was more what I had in mind.

I don't know the mathmatical explaination but pretty much don't double up the similar frogs. If you end up with two of them side by side then game over. Now I am curious about this equation.

it's just matter of moving one side at a time and progresively increasing number of steps until they are mixed than continue in same fashion but decreasing number of steps as they are moving to oposite sides. if we mark jumps from one side to another with "a" and jumps in other direction with "b", then for just two frogs (one on each side) it's something like this a b a for two frogs on each side it's a bb aa bb a for three on each side it's a bb aaa bbb aaa bb a and so on. for even more frogs pattern is like this a bb aaa bbbb aaaaa bbbbbb aaaaaaa bbbbbbbb aaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbb aaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbb aaaaaaa bbbbbb aaaaa bbbb aaa bb a this reveals pyramide structure with one move missing (very tip). so number of moves is one less than square of ("number of frogs on one side" plus one): y=(x+1)^2-1 number of frogs on each side doesn't have to be the same. if frogs on one side is x1 and number of frogs on other side is x2 then number of moves required is simply y=(x1+1)(x2+1)-1 what do i get?

Wow, and on top of it you made it look so easy. I guess congratulations is all we can give anymore, no rep points But anyway thanks for the simple explaination

Hey panic, that's pretty good! Now give this a shot.

Ah yes. One of my goals in life. To complete the Rubex Cube without taking it apart

would clear explanation with plc solution of just 36 rungs of code be ok? rubic.rss

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble opening Panic's RSS. I need this bad!!! That thing has stumped me since the first time I saw one

Panic you can't do this to me!!! Lead me this close to the solution then pull it away when I'm right at it!!! Wait. Is that what you are doing? Is this a hoax?

no no no... just look in the file. actually it's ziped so just change extension...

Yes! That would be great. Then we could forward it to chakorules and he can program a humaniod robot (with your rubik's solution routine) to perform the solution for us! That would be cool.

I changed the extension from .rss to.zip and then had no problem opening and reading the zipped file. Good job!

I knew that darn cube was not workable

sorry, i just couldn't resist...