IO_Rack

NS Recovery

40 posts in this topic

From a PM:

On 11/30/2023 at 11:07 AM, abbas49326 said:

Hello, don't worry, I have an HMI device with the same problem. Please give me the download link to build RAM and fix the problem. Thanks

DSCF2904.thumb.JPG.513b80997c376875c7697d3b129f5c16.jpg

All the files and instructions are contained within CX Designer program installation. The hard part is finding a CF card that will work with this operation. Note, any CF card formatted in Windows of any version will render the CF card useless in an NS screen. Your best bet is to purchase one from Omron and never, ever, ever format it.

The format needs to be FAT16. Any version of Windows can do this but it doesn't work. I've tried formatting in several different programs, devices and even an Omron PLC but it still does not work. If anyone has uncovered this mystery, please share.

MrPLC_NS_Recover.JPG.8eaaffa0cbeb06a3df8

Pretty sure Linux could format it with FAT16.  Or take an image of a good one to write back to a device in a crisis.

1 person likes this

Use an old camera to format it.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, pturmel said:

Pretty sure Linux could format it with FAT16.  Or take an image of a good one to write back to a device in a crisis.

I already tried in ubuntu with kde Partition manager, but it not works.  

2 hours ago, S1090 said:

tried in ubuntu with kde Partition manager

I wouldn't expect a gui to work.  This is something you need the precision of the command line for.  Look at the manpage for mkfs.fat.

On 03/12/2023 at 10:50 AM, pturmel said:

I wouldn't expect a gui to work.  This is something you need the precision of the command line for.  Look at the manpage for mkfs.fat.

Formatted CF card with mkfs.fat in fat 16 through ubuntu terminal ...but same problem PT screen remain blank ...no response.

1 hour ago, S1090 said:

Formatted CF card with mkfs.fat in fat 16 through ubuntu terminal ...but same problem PT screen remain blank ...no response.

Just tested an old CF card and formatted with linux. It certainly does work. Are you copying the files to the root directory on the CF card?

Clear any partitions on the CF and create a new empty MBR partition table.

Then format to fat16 -> ie sudo mkfs.msdos -F 16 /dev/sdb

files.PNG.b700f4fe2b76b28c1ab3498963ccc1

4 hours ago, chelton said:

4 hours ago, chelton said:

Just tested an old CF card and formatted with linux. It certainly does work. Are you copying the files to the root directory on the CF card?

Tried creating partition with sudo cfdisk /dev/sdd

But MBR is not listed here ,  only GPT and Dos.

IMG-20231205-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20231205-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20231205-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20231205-WA0013.jpg

Edited by S1090

8 hours ago, chelton said:

I am not familiar with ubuntu and  terminal commands ..need help to resolve it

In Windows I used a generic 1GB CF card. I used the Windows Disk Management utility.

1) Delete the volume

2) Create a new volume (size 64MB, FAT, Default Allocation, Quick Format)

3) Transfer Restore Files and recover the screen

On 05/12/2023 at 9:07 PM, photovoltaic said:

In Windows I used a generic 1GB CF card. I used the Windows Disk Management utility.

1) Delete the volume

2) Create a new volume (size 64MB, FAT, Default Allocation, Quick Format)

3) Transfer Restore Files and recover the screen

Tried same method with 2 CF cards one is 128 mb and 2nd 1 gb.

But Response is same of PT. Light get Green but screen remains black.

Is there any special requirement for internal CF (ROM) Card which i had changed earlier, i bought new CF card (128 MB) and just installed internal side of PT.

Is there problem in CX ONE's versio?. Is recovery Update 8.95 is compatible for NS12-v2 ?

On 05/12/2023 at 11:49 AM, chelton said:

I am not familiar with ubuntu and  terminal commands ..need help to resolve it

Dos == MBR

Is there any special requirement for internal CF (ROM) Card which i had changed earlier, i bought new CF card (128 MB) and just installed internal side of PT.

I believe the special requirement is you never touch the internal CF card. If I get a chance today I'll see what mine contains.

9 minutes ago, photovoltaic said:

I believe the special requirement is you never touch the internal CF card. If I get a chance today I'll see what mine contains.

Its an unrecognized file system on the internal CF. If you formatted yours I think that's the end of your screen

2 minutes ago, photovoltaic said:

unrecognized file system

On Windows?

Even if unrecognized on Linux, a sector copy can yield a "blank" usable to recover the original behavior.

10 minutes ago, pturmel said:

On Windows?

Even if unrecognized on Linux, a sector copy can yield a "blank" usable to recover the original behavior.

Yes, checked on Windows. It is split into 2 partitions and Windows can't tell what filesystem they are. Perhaps one contains a bootloader, the other the OS.

9 hours ago, S1090 said:

Is there problem in CX ONE's versio?. Is recovery Update 8.95 is compatible for NS12-v2 ?

I've been unable to get version 8.95 to restore correctly on  NS10-V2 screens, however it works fine on NS5. The screens lock up at "copying system files" and the indicator light either stays solid red or off.

Version 8.6 is the latest version that i can get to restore correctly on these screens.

On 12/8/2023 at 9:57 PM, photovoltaic said:

it is a big mistake by my side that i formatted internal card, is there no any chance to recover this NS12???

On 12/8/2023 at 1:47 AM, chelton said:

I've been unable to get version 8.95 to restore correctly on  NS10-V2 screens, however it works fine on NS5. The screens lock up at "copying system files" and the indicator light either stays solid red or off.

Version 8.6 is the latest version that i can get to restore correctly on these screens.

can you please send me 8.6 version ???

HMI Sample Code - Forums.MrPLC.com

There are several older versions here at Mr PLC. I checked downloads section at Omron's website and they only have the latest (8.95). I don't know how we could download select versions. It's probably not possible since the NS is obsolete. If you require a different version you could contact Omron tech support. They may be able to supply them without liability.

I know there are some Omron guys on these forums but I haven't seen them in a while.

Edited by IO_Rack

I'm confused as to the problem you are having now.

Are you able to format and install files to the card?

Or having the NS lockup issue when installing to the screen?

On 08/12/2023 at 7:17 AM, chelton said:

Just to update -- my CF card was defective, i formatted a new card and could get 8.95 to update correctly.

9 minutes ago, IO_Rack said:

I checked downloads section at Omron's website and they only have the latest (8.95).

MyOmron>Downloads>Products>HMI>NS Firmware has all the firmware dowloads.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, S1090 said:

it is a big mistake by my side that i formatted internal card, is there no any chance to recover this NS12???

Any chance you have another NS screen that you can clone the CF card? Linux "dd" command could do a byte for byte copy of a working internal CF card.

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, chelton said:

Any chance you have another NS screen that you can clone the CF card? Linux "dd" command could do a byte for byte copy of a working internal CF card.

NO i had only 1 screen.