Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BLI

PLC Simulator?

14 posts in this topic

Do you,guys know a kind of simulator that can be used in order to check if my logic is working? I am asking because every time when I change something in my logic I have to run to my university's lab to get to the PLC to see if it is working.I need some acceptable simulator where I could load the logic and check it in advance.That would save me much time.

Ive never used it but I know a lot of people use this one http://www.thelearningpit.com/plc/psim/psim.html What brand of PLC are you using?

Which PLC programming package are you using? Many [but not ALL] of today's PLC programs, at least those that are worth using [siemens being a glaring exception] allow offline simulation of your logic without the need for the physical hardware.

Well, the PLC in the lab is Omron Sysmac, on my PC I have the Omron's software but in demo mode, which is enough for only programming.The logic that I build is being loaded to Trilogi (which I personally think is not very good) because it has some simulation mode.

BLI, i noticed your programming help requests in the Omron forum... and you eluded to the fact that you are using SYSWIN, (in demo mode)... CX-Programmer would definetly be the way to go with the built in CX-Simulator...

Yes,you are right but the thing is that I cannot find anywhere CX-Programmer.

Find your local OMRON DISTRIBUTOR in England and ask them....

Omron has CX One Software, Simulator is included in this SW package.

And as soon as I ask them they will tell me what the price is I can't afford to buy it.I am just a University student. And also I need it just for a month or two.Until my projects are done.

Contact them anyway and ask if they have special student arrangements!

Thanks,PdL.It's a good idea. I'll try.

Count your blessings. In addition to training on a PLC, you're also getting a lesson in the basic principle of market economics. You desire something that has value to you. Another person possesses that object and will give it to you in return for something from you of equal value.

That's unfortunate. The economics lesson is more important than the PLC training.