Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carples

FX3U-ENET

17 posts in this topic

I have an FX3U PLC with FX3U ENET module attached. I have configured the module, and can program through the port, but would like to access the PLC using MX component, which setting do I use, there does not seem to be an option for FX plc's. I currently use MX compononets with a Q plc but this requires Network and Station number settings.

You need to update youre MX components i have v3.08 and it has the FX ENET option Edited by Gambit

Make sure too that you have a port on the FX3U-ENET open with the MELSOFT Connection set. That's the same configuration used for programming, so if you want to program and get data, you might want to set up a second port.

Haven't checked my verson number yet, but I'm thinking it will have to be updated, is there a download. I have 2 melsoft connections. I have a SSD touch screen as well that I would like to access the FX PLC as well, it has the same options as MX components for Q or A ethernet connections only. How would I set up a connection between a Q00 and a FX3U via ethernet? This would solve both problems. FX Enet manual talks of MC connection and Q manual has Melsecnet.... How would you set up the ethernet on a Q to recieve data from a barcode reader

Sorry There is no dwonload as far as I know. Don't think those settins will work. However setting up a fixed buffer connection between an FX and a System Q is possible. I should have a program somewhere. i'll have a look and post it.

The Q and FX3U have similar Ethernet capabilities, but FX3U is limited to 8 channels while Q has 16. You should be able to set up communications Q to FX3U no problem. As for the bar code reader, more information is needed on the language it will talk on Ethernet. Just because it's Ethernet doesn't mean it's talking a supported language.

I have a sick bar code reader that currently outputs in RS232, I have a second reader I would also like to connect, but the RS232 is used already and I dont have a spare port on the PLC. Was thinking of hooking them up to a Nport serial to ethernet converter. I assume it will just send a sting to the designated Ethernet IP adress and port, and I just monitor the port like I do the RS232 port. I was looking at the fixed buffer comunication for both apps. But i'm not sure how to configure than what functions to use to transfer data. Q series keeps asking for a station and network number

Just add a serial module.

Ok Bar coder was easy But still cant get FX and Q to talk. What ethernet settings should I use I want to access the FX from the Q

You can't directly access FX from Q. You can program it like using a serial connection (using your own protocol). Or you can program Q like a pc reading from/writing to FX, in which you have to implement FX communication protocol.

Regarding FX3U: For the version MX Components 3.08J there is an update with a registry entry available. For the latest version 3.09K it is allready included.

for FX3U need patch

Here it is, just add this one to the registery MX_Components_v308J_registry_FX_ENET.zip

Thanks for you help guys I have the patch for MX components I have a non procedural link between Q and FX3 I have the bar code reader hooked up. I also have a word for the unwary Q series PLC ethernet setup alows you to set IP in DEC or HEX, but Port number ONLY in HEX, every thing else I have come across has DEC port numbers (including FX3 which also lets you choose DEC or HEX for IP) so dont for get to convert one port or the other.

this sort of thing is the only thing that really annoys me about mitsubishi, the Modbus TCP car for Q has all the buffer addresses in HEX, it makes it an absolute pain when you have to read 5000+ values from 32 slaves into a hex buffer then map them accross into a decimal data register structure !!

Misthubishi have lots of ENET function blocks and examples on their website under "My Mitsubishi" these are easily followed however they are ony applicable to IEC GX Developer