Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Teropod

Can some one help me please with PMCR(260)

13 posts in this topic

XC-Programer 6.20 PLC specifications CJ1G-CPU43H INNER BOARD [1900] INNER BOARD UNMOUNTED [0000] MAIN RACK 00 [0000] CJ1W-ID211 (DC INPUT UNIT) 01 [0001] CJ1W-ID261 (DC INPUT UNIT) 02 [0008] CJ1W-OD212 (TRANSISTOR OUTPUT UNIT) 03 [0009] CJ1W-OD261 (TRANSISTOR OUTPUT UNIT) 04 [0015] CJ1W-SCU21-V1 (SERIAL COMMUNICATION UNIT) (UNIT:0) CJ1W-SCU21-V1 (SERIAL COMMUNICATION UNIT) (UNIT:0) SPECIFICATIONS PORT 1 PORT SETTINGS........................................................................................: USER SETTINGS SERIAL COMMUNICATIONS MODE...............................................................: PROTOCOL MACRO DATA LENGTH...........................................................................................: 8 BITS STOP BITS................................................................................................: 1 BIT PARITY.....................................................................................................: NONE BAUD RATE...............................................................................................: DEFALUT (9600 BPS) SEND........................................................................................................: 0 ms CTS CONTROL...........................................................................................: NO 1:N/1:1 PROTOCOL SETTINGS....................................................................: 1:N PROTOCOL HOST LINK UNIT NUMBER...........................................................................: 0 NO-PROTOCOL START................................................................................: 0 NO-PROTOCOL END CODE..........................................................................: 0 NO-PROTOCOL START CODE INCLUSION.....................................................: NONE NO-PROTOCOL END CODE INCLUSION.........................................................: NONE NO-PROTOCOL NUMBER OF RECEIVE DATA BYTES........................................: 0 1:N NT LINKS MAXIMUM UNIT NUMBER.........................................................: 1 SERIAL GATEWAY RESPONSE TIMEOUT MONITORING TIME............................: 0 SERIAL GATEWAY SEND START TIMEOUT MONITORING TIME.........................: 0 PROTOCOL MACRO TRANSMISSION METHOD................................................: FULL-DUPLEX CLEARING / HOLDING THE CONTENTS OF THE RECEPTION BUFFER.................: CLEAR LINK WORD SPECIFICATION DATA EXCHANGE TIMING.................................:On-request I/O refreshing MAXIMUM NUMBER OF BITES IN PROTOCOL MACRO END / RECEIVE DATA......: 1000 COILS AREA...............................................................................................: (CIO) INPUT REGISTERS AREA..............................................................................: (CIO) HOLDING REGISTERS AREA.........................................................................: (DM) MODBUS-RTU SLAVE ADDRESS....................................................................: 0 PORT 2 PORT SETTINGS........................................................................................: DEFAULTS SERIAL COMMUNICATIONS MODE...............................................................: NT LINK (1:N) DATA LENGTH...........................................................................................: 7 BITS STOP BITS................................................................................................: 2 BITS PARITY.....................................................................................................: EVEN BAUD RATE...............................................................................................: DEFAULT (STANDARD) SEND........................................................................................................: DEFAULT (0ms) CTS CONTROL...........................................................................................: NO 1:N/1:1 PROTOCOL SETTINGS....................................................................: 1:N PROTOCOL HOST LINK UNIT NUMBER...........................................................................: 0 NO-PROTOCOL START................................................................................: 0 NO-PROTOCOL END CODE..........................................................................: 0 NO-PROTOCOL START CODE INCLUSION.....................................................: NONE NO-PROTOCOL END CODE INCLUSION.........................................................: NONE NO-PROTOCOL NUMBER OF RECEIVE DATA BYTES........................................: 0 1:N NT LINKS MAXIMUM UNIT NUMBER.........................................................: 0 SERIAL GATEWAY RESPONSE TIMEOUT MONITORING TIME............................: 0 SERIAL GATEWAY SEND START TIMEOUT MONITORING TIME.........................: 0 PROTOCOL MACRO TRANSMISSION METHOD................................................: HALF-DUPLEX CLEARING / HOLDING THE CONTENTS OF THE RECEPTION BUFFER.................: CLEAR LINK WORD SPECIFICATION DATA EXCHANGE TIMING.................................:On-request I/O refreshing MAXIMUM NUMBER OF BITES IN PROTOCOL MACRO END / RECEIVE DATA......: 0 COILS AREA...............................................................................................: (CIO) INPUT REGISTERS AREA..............................................................................: (CIO) HOLDING REGISTERS AREA.........................................................................: (DM) MODBUS-RTU SLAVE ADDRESS....................................................................: 0 Ive posted PLC specifications and serial port settings in case settings are wrong. First thing im new in PLC programing and what i need to do is open communication with PLC and PC. While i was searching how can i do that i found PMCR(260) instruction and i cant open port on PLC or start communication. Maybe i cant set PMCR(260) correct. For start i would like just to turn on communication. And as much as i know PMCR(260) needs answer from PC designated in D: part of PMCR(260). Ive tried something simple as: -----l l------------------[PMCR(260)] C1: #110 C2: #3 S: #0 D: #0 Desire was to communicate trough Port 1 on CJ1W-SCU21-V1. What could be wrong? C1? C2? Port settings? Can u people please help me? Edited by Teropod

I haven't gone over your settings with a 'fine tooth' comb, but they look like you may be on the right track. BUT, have you downloaded a file to the SCU with CX-Protocol? You will need to do this also, and it looks like you are calling sequence 3, have you got this sequence available? Also, it pays use the 'logical port ok, & 'port 1 executing' flags as preceeding conditions for the PMCR instruction, logical port as a 'XIC', and port 1 executing as a XIO. Gotta love that AB terminology.....

Ive noticed that and im reading PDF of xc protocol and more that i read feeling is like less i know. So as far as i realized i need to make sequence that is calling in C2 with xc protocol. Ok i think that now stuff will become even more interesting. Time to study xc protocol. Tnx for replay Sparky.

Hi Teropod! I am also newbie to use SCU-31 or SCU41 modules with CJ1M-CPU13 PLC. My task is to use SCU-31 and communicate with 15 slave modules. To do this, I have gone through some manuals but it was bit difficult to understand. Could I ask your help in what needs to be done , as you might be familiar with this now. It would be greatful to listen from you soon. Thanks Lakshmi

I use the serial cards to communicate with devices via Modbus RTU on nearly every job these days. There is a Modbus RTU Protocol Macro in the download section. There is also a PMCR sample code there. How do you wish to communicate with the devices? What protocol?

It sounds as if you have not established communication from your PC to the PLC. Is this correct? If so, PMCR would not be the best way to go. Please clarify what you have done and what you want to do.

How do you wish to communicate with the devices? What protocol? Edited by lchamarthi

Lakshmi, I was responding to the original poster, sorry, I didn't notice it was a very old post. Edited by bluebyu

Before anyone can help you, you need to explain in better detail what you mean by 15 slave modules!! Are these Drives? Other PLC's? Remote I/O Blocks? PC's? What communication protocol does each Slave Module use? Doesn't sound like you have planned this project too well!!

Badly needs to be clarified. Basically, there are built in protocol macros for some Omron devices, Modbus RTU is available as a download, anything else you would have to write yourself. Please clarify what you are doiing.

Hi Bits N Bytes, what you mean by 15 slave modules? Are these Drives? Other PLC's? Remote I/O Blocks? PC's? 15 Slave modules are Other PLCs(Embedded Controller with I/Os which supports Modbus RTU) . What communication protocol does each Slave Module use? Modbus RTU Doesn't sound like you have planned this project too well!! Thanks for the suggestion....I will do. Bob B, Slave supports Modbus RTU Thanks Edited by lchamarthi

Then you need this http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=259 and this http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=427 to get you underway.