Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Light Tower Order?

16 posts in this topic

Which ways do you guys put your light order on your light towers? I do it: RED - top Yellow - middle Green - near the bottom Someone told me today it goes the other way around, but I couldn't find a spec for it. Anyone got a printed spec for light tower order or have I just been following a false feeling? I still vote RED - top Yellow - middle Green - near the bottom LOL...

In the 5+ years I have been at current job we have changed 3 times. It started Red, Yellow, Green. Changed to Green, Yellow, Red. Now we are back to original. Seems like each time we get new section manager they have to make it thier own. Bob

I think you have as many variations as there are traffic lights LOL

So then there is NO SPEC? Shoot.....that means I can't defend myself, I'll just have to stick up for what I believe in. Red to the top because you want to see the fault first.

You can also tell they don't work when they are mounted the other way around

with five lights you can make red-yellow-green-yellow-red. everyone wins...

This post reminds me of a good friend who is color blind. Did he have trouble in Florida when the lights were mounted left to right not top to bottom.

It depends if you're Irish or not. Red on top is normal for me. Green on top if your Irish. Edited by GerryM

I'm Irish but I could not decide... ....sideways you can't go wrong Edited by geniusintraining

Color theory designates the blue end of the spectrum (green is towards the blue side) as masculine and the red end as feminine. As for which one is on top... (I better shut up before I get into trouble)

My vote would be for Red-Yellow-Green top to bottom. Simply because that is how traffic lights in the US are arranged (except for the horizontal ones). Anyone that has some form of color blindness (perhaps as high as 8% in males) will find that order a lot more intuitive. FYI, in this area the women do come out on top, only about 0.5% of women are affected by color blindness.

For the machine I'm working on now, here is the customer's (DCX in Kokomo) specified order top down: Red: Flashing - E-stop condition, Solid - Faulted Green: Machine In Cycle White or Clear: Out of Cycle Amber: Machine Starved Blue: Machine Blocked Edited by jstolaruk

Not all of them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Syracus...peraryLight.jpg

In the land of Oz it's RED on top..etc (Traffic lights that is)

You have red on bottom from our point of view. Maybe if you all weren't hanging upside down... Edited by Alaric

Now I Know that Dorthy really wasn't in Kansas.