Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frank.raymond

ETN Example Question

10 posts in this topic

I downloaded an example file for ethernet communications. When I open the file a pop with the message: CPS CJ1M-CPU13_Ver4_0.XML needs to be installed. When I went to the IO table for CPS install it could not locate the file on the installation disk. However it did locate a ver 3.0 . I am using CX programmer 6.11. Thanks for any help.

I think ver4.0 is for the newest processors and you will need to upgrade to CX-One v2 (CX-Programmer v7) to support that hardware. Someone please correct this if I am incorrect. The U.S. is still waiting for official release info on CX-One v2.

I have had this too when I opened the SEND/RCV function block. However, my colleague has used it succesfully and is using same versions software. I too don't know what is causing the error but it seems it does not effect functionality. Btw gtsupport, you are talking about V7 - I have CX-One V2, but CXP is still at version 6.2. I have heard from people running 6.3 but the Auto update doesn't list any updates. Could be that the versions are region controlled

Hello Chaps, CX-One v2.01 includes CX-Programmer v7.0 (which does have support for v4 CPUs). 'Fraid I can't give any info on the release schedules (regional or otherwise), but I believe that it is out there, with v2.02 upgrade coming soon. Hope this helps a bit Regards anonymous

Do not want to hijack a thread here. CX-One v2.0 is available in the US and is shipping with CX-P v7.0. So it appears that versions of individual programs with in CX-One is regional. As I indicated, we have not received official release information to know features, etc. Thanks for the info.

We just received CX-ONE from our distributor in Baltimore. Below is a copy and paste of the versions... Also Cat. No. W446-E1-03 indicates support for Ver. 4.0 processors.

... Which file did you download? If it was one I posted it would have been written on CX-One V1 and used a Version 3 PLC. Nibroc

My CX-P is now V7.02 by way of auto updates from the European website. I register there.

I just upgraded a CS1G-H-CPU43 with a ETN to send e-mails to maintenance and text to a Verizon cell phone. I had some alerts while trying to setup the unit in the IO table. I was using CXP 6. It did alert, but took the updates anyway. The system is running fine. I did go to Omron's website and requested the CX-One trial software V2.01. It has arrived and when I connect to the same controller, no more alerts.

Thanks for letting us know!