Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

MAC 40+ will die

14 posts in this topic

Hi, I think that the HMI MAC 40+ soon will not work anymore. Right now it still works, but after some time the display is flashing, or just some characters and at that time the keyboard is locked - operater cannot make any changes. The only way to control terminal is shut off the main power switch and turn on. After this the terminal works for some time once again. I cleaned all contacts between terminal and PLC but it has not helped. So, I read that this model is discontinued and I have to buy new E200. I need also soft E-designer. I read manual for this soft and it is only for E50, E100, E150, E200. How I can download program from old MAC 40+ and upload it to new one. Can I arrange it? Thanks Pawel

Hello Pawel, MAC HMIs were programmed with software called MAC Programmer+. This software is obsolete, you could contact your nearest Mitsi rep' to see it they can help you, but its a long shot I think. If you could get it you could then view/translate the program for E-Designer. Otherwise try asking for MAC Programmer+ on E-bay. Maybe you could get a working used MAC 40 on E-bay. Best regards. E&OE

There is no method for translating an MTA/MAC program into an E-terminal. Keep in mind many of the E-terminals are going away in leiu of the new E1000 series. And while the E200 is not one as of yet, it should be next year or so. As for E-Designer programming E50, 100, 150, and 200, that's E-Designer Lite. The full E-Designer programs the entire line from E50 up through the new E1000 family. And it's not real expensive as software goes.

Mainly I am programming PLC and HMI made by Omron. This MAC HMI it will be unusually for me. So If I get Mac programmer+ and I download program from my MAC and I see the program - tell me if it is big difference to write exacly this same application for E200 f.e. or E-designer works completly different. I'm asking, because Crossbow wrote I could not convert automaticly program from MAC to E200. I read also that I can watch the MAC program on MAC's display. It will be enough to write program for E200? Thanks for clue Pawel Edited by pszczepan

Sure the programs can be converted!!! One thing to keep in mind when converting the programs is that sometimes not all the functionality of one display is also supported by another. First thing to do is to read out the current program from the MAC 40+ inside MAC Programmer + v5.00, next change the display type in the settings screen to the new E-tereminal type. If you have a new terminal, then is probably the firmware version of this display newer than available inside MAC programmer, so save the project on disk. Open the E-Designer software and change the display type again to the newest firmware version. Check the project if it is still correct and you are finished. When the program is downloaded to the terminal, check the functionality of the program. Convert errors are always possible.

That's not the answer I got from Beijers. They said MAC and E are not compatible, and that the MAC software didn't support E units. Perhaps they gave me bad information? I had to convert (by hand by rewriting) 2 screens from an old MTA10 or MTA12.

Hi Using the method explained by FNMdeJong will work. We have tried it at our office. They are all MPA files and will open in a later version of the software. The terminal types can be changed over, however they will require some cleaning up due to the different screen sizes etc

Thanks Saab, We use it all the time for converting MAC to E-terminal.

That is true. Note that there is not and (never?) will be such terminal like E600 in E1000-series. A bit difficult to find a new replacement. Edited by tmu

I have never programmed a MAC hmi but plenty of the E series ones and the software I did use (and still use on older E series) was mac programmer. I keep both Mac p and e designer on my laptop because if an E HMI is programmed with one it doesnt like the other

A replacement for the E600 in the E1000 series is the E1060 (5.7").

I want replacement my HMI E 700, i have got information that HMI is discontinued. that true?They say, in the world just only 2 pcs!

Yes, the E-terminals were replaced with the E1000 terminals. Check with Mitsubishi for more information, as well as which screen would be the closest replacement.