Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kevin Tran

Ethernet Vs Vb

9 posts in this topic

I'm working in a project that I have to read a few DM from CJ1 Omron PLC to PC. The customer didn't want to buy any software or driver b/c he just need a few dm, I intended to use hostlink through RS232 port and I’ve done this before, but location of office about 200ft away. RS232 only good for 50ft. The CJ1 has an ethenet port. I prefer to use this port and Visual Basic. I know Omron have CX-server Lite can do it, but as I said before, customer didn’t want to pay for any software or driver. If anybody have done something like this or similar before, or have an idea how to do it, please give me a hand thank alot. Kevin.

hi kevin. i think that a solution is to write a communication protocol.. but i think also that is a "long" solution.. i've only used cx-serverlite but never done a protocol sorry. bye valerio

What about Host Link over RS422/485? CJ1W-CIF11 will connect directly to the RS232 port on the cpu. Add a RS232 to RS422/485 converter at the computer end, and you should be good to go. Hope this will help.

... How about the PC - PLC ethernet example available on this site. It includes the VB source code. You should be able to use as an example of how to write a driver to extract the required data. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=181 Nibroc Edited by Nibroc

Use FINS/UDP over ethernet, which IIRC, is what is used in the example Nibroc linked above. I only wish to add the manual reference for this: W342, CS1 / CJ1 Communications Command Referensmanual It's a complete manual ONLY describing FINS and Host Link. There should be a lot more than enough of information in it to implement your own FINS/UDP driver. Only other reference needed is VB's documentation (in case you're using VB.net look inte System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient, I've done similar development like the one you're aiming for in C#)

Thank you very much for all information, I will try something on next week. kevin.

Ihave the same problem... Have you solve it??? please can you say me how.... thanks a lot!!!

PM this morning:

Yes, I am trying found a similar problem in the forum.... But I don´t know jet why always give me the same result in data... what is the problem??? the plc???