Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
loogi

NS8 standalone?

9 posts in this topic

Hi, i need to test my program in "offline-mode", without PLC (because i havent got anyone yet). I would like to see how the design looks and how the video-screens work, links and so on. I know about the test-function in NS Designer, but i would like to test the video-image and see everything directly onscreen. I have tried different settings in the NS8, without any result. Help?

Touch two corners to get the NS into "setup", on of the functions within setup allows you to select any screen and view the screen.

Thanks, but i cant see the video-images in that mode. I can only see it in setup/video settings, but then i only see the actual video-signal, not the screen i have designed. I need to see that it works like i want. I mix some graphic elements with the video wich i believe is not always supported...

CX Simulator can handle the NT Link protocol on one of your computer's serial ports. Have your computer drive the NS SerialA port with CX simulator.

i dont have cx simulator. I have tried to set the comm-port to not used but i get the follwing error message: "Failed to read host registration. Correct host registration with Ns-Designer. Then, press OK and download project data." (i press OK) New message: "Communication error detected while downloading by the following case: -Corrupted data by noise -Transmit error by the host Allocation host: MRES=26, SRES=11" Any other ideas are welcome.

... quickest and easiest way is to ask your friendly Omron Rep if you could 'borrow' a PLC for a few days. Shouldn't be too much trouble, they almost certainly should have a 'demo' unit kicking about. CX-Simulator (which you dont have) does work as Jay suggested however the NS will run very slow via this method. The NS application will not run without external communication to either a PLC (or PLC simulator). Nibroc Edited by Nibroc

Okey, i get the picture. But i must say that i think its strange that its not possible to run NS8 in some kind of demo-mode, without anything connected to it. I used to have ProFace-screens, and this feature is available with thier screens. Its a very good function. Omron vs ProFace 0-1

I'd have to disagree with this. I've got a Pro-face GP270 and an Omron NS5 infront of me and the later of the two is far better in many respects. Yes you might have to hook up a PLC/PC to the Omron to see it in action but it's a far more powerful and versatile unit than the Pro-face. You can "test" the NS screens and get a pretty good representation of the screen on your PC along with the virtual PLC memory that is used by the screen. The Pro-face only allows you to "preview" the screens which is no better than a screen capture. Omron vs ProFace 1-1 The programming interface is far better, quicker and easier. Trying to remember all the Pro-face tags is a nightmare. Omron vs ProFace 2-1 Then there's support, but we won't go there, needless to say Omron are better. Omron vs ProFace 3-1 To be honest the Pro-face is going in the bin, I'm not going to use it for this project as it will double (or even more) the screen development costs, it's dire! Omron vs ProFace 1,000,000-1