Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TechJunki

Christmas Lights

11 posts in this topic

I think I will try doing this next year......... http://gardings.com/Videos/lights.wmv Edited by TechJunki

Well I bet he got a lot more attention and saved a ton of electricity compared to having the lights on all the time Edited by TWControls

Actually it's not that complicated at all. He is using a LOR "Light o Rama" Light controller. He has 88 channels, or 88 outputs. Each channel can handle up to 8AMPs max. See product information here: http://www.lightorama.com/ The software can be downloaded for FREE from the website. You can sync music to the lights, based on your selection to any channel. If your experienced with "time line" editors, then you can do this. Most Video Editing software is time line editing. I like this style myself. There are several effects, such as twinkle, fade, chase, etc... I was going to purchase the "Boards" only, they are $100 cheaper, being that I have a spare 24 x 24 Rittal cabinet laying around that I can put to good use. Might pick up a couple of controllers after christmas and start planning for next year...

Bloody Amazing !.... Fantastic...!!!

Light-O-Rama is great! I wonder if the company would let me redo our warehouse lighting?

We use SIMPTE controllers for show lighting and effects that could do that sort of thing. Sort of the "time line editor" that Chakorules speaks of. Just record audio with Simpte code imbedded, program controller, wire outputs and presto.

BTW Lightorama seem to be out of stock for this year due to unexpected overwhelming demand...mmm...I wonder if this thread had any thing to do with that ?

I've had at least 5 people email me the link to that video. It seems to reside on serveral servers for viewing. I replied to some of them with the link that chakorules gave us. I'm sure the info (by not only myself) has spread like wild fire. This similar thread is at plcs.net as well, and I'm sure other engineering forums. The World Wide Web apparently is superior in advertisement. (Even as much of a pain in the a** it can be) I'm interested in how chakorules new what controller he was using. Edited by IO_Rack

I dunno how much longer it will be on the front page: http://www.talkstarradio.com/ But I read a simlar news report somewhere. On that website is the same facts I read. Along with a second video.

I wasn't able to see the video on the other post, so I hope I'm not repeating the same thing, but that reminded me of this....I want the video if you can top it! edit DOWWW Same video..... :(....lol there are lots of videos out there of that same house and the piece with the Trans-Siberian orchestra. Some start earlier and have a bit more though. You can waste a lot of time looking through Google Video searches. Edited by Nathan