Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Christian Wolf

C200HE IO table

9 posts in this topic

I transferred a program to the C200HE PLC which is running properly but none of my outputs is set because somehow the controller does not seem to recognize neither the input nor the output units. The units connected are 4xC200 OC 225 and 4xC200 ID212. I thought that the IO table might be wrong so I tried to compare mine with the one on the CPU but an error message tells me that there is no IO table. How can I create one? Tried to use Create command but I also received an error message.ChristianLeLoup@web.de

Does ALRM/ERR LED flash or light? How about RUN LED? Are you sure that you use addresses in your program correctly? With Basic I/O Unit, you can create I/O table or not. To create I/O table: must switch your PLC to program mode, and select create in option menu of I/O table setup windows. To delete I/O table: must switch your PLC to program mode, and select delete in option menu of I/O table setup windows. After I/O table created, you must keep your I/O units in correct order unless occuring alarm "I/O verification". If no I/O table in PLC (after deleting), the address of I/O units will automatically detected by their locations in slots. Try to set/force set outputs one by one?

Just to add that if you need to create an IO table then the PLC must be stop / program mode not Run or Monitor mode.

After creating the I/O table, you need to tranfer it to the PLC as well.

Thank you very much everything is running like it should!!!

To PDL I don't believe that you have to because create would get the CPU to check what is out there and generate one internally itself. Mainly it would look to see if special IO cards such as analogue were out there and get their unit numbers. Remember, a 16pt card regardless of if it were an input or output would be given the slot address allocated. However, 32pt and 64pt cards had special io areas determined by the setting of the unit number on the front of the unit also.

I just have the habit of transferring an I/O table to the PLC anyway after creating one so you could be right about that...

Yep! No need to transfer back down to PLC. The C200HE should run quite happily without an I/O table provided addressing is correct. The CJ1 and CS1 will not run without an I/O table.

Back in the day.... we banged our heads over C series I/O table troubles. We decided to never write the I/O table to the PLC and everything was fine after that. If I remember correctly, LSS did not handle I/O tables very well. To clear the I/O table we had to break out the manual and follow the key sequence for the hand held programmer. CX Programmer took all those woes away.