Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jay Anthony

A sobering Incident

9 posts in this topic

It would all behoove us to read this thread at PLCs.net and give pause as we consider our responsbilities as programmers. A Salutary Warning @ PLCs.net

That's just terrible . Reminds us all of the sense of responsiblity you must have when working with machines an automated controls.

My main reason for posting that, was and still remains a plea to help stop complacency. I am sure if we search deep that we all have been complacent at times. If that post makes one person change something or alert someone to a known danger it might avoid another tragedy. I will only post on that topic one more time on plcs.net (too many unregistered idiots chipping in) and that will be a link to the newspaper or website that covers the story. (probably when the on-going investigations have finished) As you can imagine, it is pandemonium at that factory at the moment.

Deleted as inappropriate by Omron Moderator Jay.

huh?!

It just means Jay edited the post. Someone must not have posted something very nice.

Yes I beleive religously in safety circuit monitoring devices and hard wired e-stops reading that post really makes you think about just how much liability is opn our shoulders.

Yes, That is sorry to hear, and some people that do this line of work make it seem like they are not liable for such accidents. Not only is the company you work for put on the chopping block, but you are too. That is why it is you job as an individual to carefully safegaurd your equipment before it goes out the door or before you turn it over to the customer on their floor no matter what the cost.