pjw

Is there any Mitsubishi software to make PCStation app like on WinCC?

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I appriciate any info about some software that let to make some PC Station apps to run them on PC

and communicate with PLC or HMI - like on WinCC Proffesional in TIA or WinCC Flexible on STEP7.

You mean comm software like Mx components so you can make something in C#?

No, I mean about using WinCC Flexbile or WinCC Professional and make there app looks like HMI einvoirment, but it runs on Windows,

as normal app. So you can control your PLC over the PC Station, no HMI need.

Using WinCC you can communicate with PLC eg. by Modbus by RS485 or by RS232 via serial communication, also OPC is possible.

I believe there you can use SoftGOT2000 option in GT Designer3. I haven't used it but the Mitsubishi website makes it sound like it is what I understand you are looking for.

https://www.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/products/hmi/got/pmerit/sgt/sgt2000/index.html

The only reason I haven't tried it yet is because it requires a separate license and we are using the GOT hardware units on site.

From the new project wizard in GT Designer3 (GOT2000):

65fc2e8e27308_SoftGOTSetup.png.ff555c855

Hope this helps.

Yes, SoftGot turns any PC into an HMI, but a license (USB dongle) is required, which costs $1000+.
I personally use it for new projects until the GOT terminal arrives.
SoftGot allows 3 hours of work without a license. When the 3 hours are up, you can use it again after restarting the SoftGot software.

1 person likes this

If you want a Mitsubishi solution, use SoftGOT.  It lets you create HMI screens and not have to buy the HMI.  You could also use any third party SCADA software that offers drivers for Mitsubishi.  Aveva, Ignition, IFIX, or a dozen others.

On 3/21/2024 at 1:57 PM, Olly_J said:

I believe there you can use SoftGOT2000 option in GT Designer3. I haven't used it but the Mitsubishi website makes it sound like it is what I understand you are looking for.

https://www.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/products/hmi/got/pmerit/sgt/sgt2000/index.html

The only reason I haven't tried it yet is because it requires a separate license and we are using the GOT hardware units on site.

From the new project wizard in GT Designer3 (GOT2000):

65fc2e8e27308_SoftGOTSetup.png.ff555c855

Hope this helps.

Olly_J@ thank you, I will check it out