kckku

Safety PLC Upload

11 posts in this topic

I have a NX-SL3500 safety PLC attached to a NX-ECC203 coupler. How do I upload the safety program from this unit?

It says the upload failed but doesn't say why. I attached some screenshots.

2023-10-25_02-06-21.jpg

2023-10-25_02-07-00.jpg

2023-10-25_02-01-29.jpg

When you do your upload, uncheck the box that says 'Do not transfer the following'... you see in the text there it states it will not upload settings from the slave terminals and NX units.

So with that box unchecked, it will upload all NX application data, including safety.

Crossbow - I'll sneak in a semi-related question here . . . .

I've tried giving a descriptive name to a PLC - worked fine on one that I did right out of the box, but when I try changing one after I've already saved a program to the PLC, I get an error when I connect saying they don't match, and asking if I want to change the name on the computer's file to match the one in the controller - no option to go the other way that I can see. 

Is this another one where I want to check or uncheck one of the "Do not transfer" boxes?

16 minutes ago, DonNH said:

Is this another one where I want to check or uncheck one of the "Do not transfer" boxes?

Not exactly. To change the CPU name select No to the popup when you go online so your new name remains in your project. Place your PLC in Program mode and then select Controller -> Update CPU Unit Name.

Thanks.

Nice that they make it such an obvious process ;)

16 hours ago, Crossbow said:

When you do your upload, uncheck the box that says 'Do not transfer the following'... you see in the text there it states it will not upload settings from the slave terminals and NX units.

So with that box unchecked, it will upload all NX application data, including safety.

I unchecked the boxes in the Synchronization dialog box. It tells me there isn't any data to transfer.

I also tried the same with the boxes unchecked for transfer from controller. It then gives me the safety PLC dialog box. I say 'OK" but it then tells me there's a network communication error.

2023-10-26_02-05-38.jpg

2023-10-26_02-05-54.jpg

2023-10-26_02-06-51.jpg

2023-10-26_02-07-43.jpg

2023-10-26_02-07-56.jpg

2023-10-26_02-12-25.jpg

That doesn't look normal. I would check to see if there are any EtherCAT errors first. Then try to transfer using the menu item Controller > Transfer > From Controller.

Are you sure there is a program in the controller?

Edited by IO_Rack
I see that you tried that.

@kckku Have you tried connecting directly to the coupler with USB and transferring from it? Just go offline with the main PLC, right click on the coupler in your Configurations and Setup section, and choose USB -> Online. You can then right click on it again and select Transfer from Coupler

Capture.PNG

1 person likes this

I was about to bring up the USB option.  

Back in Synchronize, if you check the very top box, it selects everything underneath it.  By default it only checks items it thinks are different.

I wonder if the safety controller even has a program in it.

Make sure the EtherCAT network is up and running, make sure it shows no errors in troubleshooter.

On 2023-10-26 at 11:09 AM, photovoltaic said:

@kckku Have you tried connecting directly to the coupler with USB and transferring from it? Just go offline with the main PLC, right click on the coupler in your Configurations and Setup section, and choose USB -> Online. You can then right click on it again and select Transfer from Coupler

Capture.PNG

I will have to try using the USB option later. I ran out of time and had to leave. The machine is being powered down for shipping and will arrive at our plant in two weeks. 

I will try connecting again when the machine arrives.

Thanks to all for the help and suggestions. I will give an update in two weeks or so.

1 person likes this

Hi, kckku

We had a similar issue and found it you use the Transfer from Controller (rather than sync) and then deselect the 2 options and mentions above.

upload safety  1.jpg

upload safety  2.jpg

Edited by Webbs