Bishop AI

Micrologix 1200 Password Protected

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys, my site uses mainly Mitsi PLC's & HMI's so not familiar with AllenBradley but i have two Micrologixe 1200 PLC's connected to Panelview 300 HMI's. The machines are twenty plus years old and now both HMI's are barely legible as the screens are so dim.  I want to upgrade the HMI's as they are obsolete but my problem is, the program within the PLC is Password Protected and i cannot read, upload or download to the PLC.  The original manufacturer has been taken over some years ago and no-one knows the password. They have sent me an old program that could possibly work which is not password protected, but i cannot download it to the PLC without the original Password.

Can anyone help me?

No, you can't get help bypassing password on this forum.

I jumped the gun locking this thread.  Discussion of bypassing passwords is prohibited but you didn't ask to do that, you have a unprotected program that you are trying to put into your password protected PLC.  When prompted, enter "65257636".  This will clear the PROGRAM.  Then you can download your new program.

1 person likes this

I just tried the password  "65257636" but it didn't work. The message 'Incorrect Authorisation Password' appeared.

I tried connecting directly to the PLC but when it asked for Password or Master Password.  I tried "65257636" but it still didn't work.

20230701_075151.jpg

20230701_075102.jpg

20230701_075123.jpg

Rockwell did some upgrades and the older Memory clear methods doesnt work. You know have to do a ControlFlash to wipe the Memory.

1 person likes this

Thanks Jeff, not sure how to do a control flash, do i need additional software?

ControlFlash and ControlFlashPlus are applications you'll find under Rockwell Software.

I one time had to clear a password protected Micrologix 1000 and entered " IMLCLRMEM" for your password. Not sure if that will work for a 1200

Mike