Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zeon

Shihlin AX2N to FX3U need help

23 posts in this topic

There is an old Shihlin AX2N-32MR, it need to replace with the FX3U-32MR. AX2N works (if it matters). Downloaded the program from AX2N via GX Works2 ver. 1.98C, changed the PLC type to FX3U, uploaded it to FX3U but for some reason it does not work. The inputs and outputs must be switched cyclically (this is necessary for displaying the temperature, a large number of points) in the FX3U they do not switch, after starting the inputs and outputs do not switch.
There are no errors in AX2N, and FX3U gives an error (seen in the photo). Here is a program with AX2N and a screenshot of the errors

ERROR.jpg

SEPLC AX2N.rar

Edited by zeon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There must have been a special function module on the AX2N that you did not move onto the FX3U...  Those TO and FROM instructions are trying to talk to the first special function module.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yup, programming language is the same but hardware is different. if you want it to run on different hardware, you need to modify program parts that interact with hardware.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you
I was hoping that it would be easier there and not rewrite the program (

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You shouldn't have to change the program.  The new FX3U has other ways to access the data besides TO and FROM.  But the old method still works.  What module was attached on the right side of the old PLC?  And did you move it to the new PLC?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Crossbow said:

You shouldn't have to change the program.  The new FX3U has other ways to access the data besides TO and FROM.  But the old method still works.  What module was attached on the right side of the old PLC?  And did you move it to the new PLC?

the second module attached AXon-16EYR-ES, and others...

I connected FX3U to these modules, but there is no cyclic switching of inputs and outputs as it should be.

20210921_095253.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not think that you can connect the FX0N-16EYR-ES to the FX3U main unit , Can you swop it out with a FX2N-16EYR ?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Theuns said:

I do not think that you can connect the FX0N-16EYR-ES to the FX3U main unit , Can you swop it out with a FX2N-16EYR ?

Theuns is right!

FX0N-16EYR-ES is not in the list of connectable extension blocks. Try Fx2N series.

Section 6.8.4 from here: https://www.allied-automation.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/MITSUBISHI_FX3U-Users-Manual-%E2%80%93-Hardware-Edition.pdf

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Theuns said:

I do not think that you can connect the FX0N-16EYR-ES to the FX3U main unit , Can you swop it out with a FX2N-16EYR ?

 

2 hours ago, glavanov said:

Theuns is right!

FX0N-16EYR-ES is not in the list of connectable extension blocks. Try Fx2N series.

Section 6.8.4 from here: https://www.allied-automation.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/MITSUBISHI_FX3U-Users-Manual-%E2%80%93-Hardware-Edition.pdf

I connected the FX2N-16eyr-es module instead of AXon and still does not work.
Without connected modules and input signals, the AX2N works by executing the program and cyclically switches the inputs and outputs as written in the program and does not generate errors (only an error that there are no input and output signals)
FX3U with the same program (with '' Changed PLC type '' via GX Works ver. 1.98 C for FX3U plc) without connected modules and input signals - does not work, gives an error in step 562 of the program and FX3U hangs and there is no cyclic switching of inputs and outputs

Edited by zeon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you post a pic of your setup ?

And maybe the Program

Edited by Theuns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The program is attached in the first post.

What's the Fx3u model (full name/model).

it's possible there's missing latched values in data registers D200 and up... check the values in AX2n.

I'm also interested to see photo of powered up Fx3U with all the modules connected.

Edited by glavanov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Theuns said:

Can you post a pic of your setup ?

And maybe the Program

 

49 minutes ago, glavanov said:

The program is attached in the first post.

What's the Fx3u model (full name/model).

it's possible there's missing latched values in data registers D200 and up... check the values in AX2n.

I'm also interested to see photo of powered up Fx3U with all the modules connected.

There is full name of FX3U

tomorrow I will post a video of how the AX2N works, the equipment is now in operation (replacing it with an FX3U is a preventive measure to replace the old PLC with a "new" one). And I will connect FX3U

20210921_155252.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2021 at 9:07 AM, zeon said:

 

the second module attached AXon-16EYR-ES, and others...

I connected FX3U to these modules, but there is no cyclic switching of inputs and outputs as it should be.

20210921_095253.jpg

Replace the FX2n CPU with FX3U then Replace the FX0N-16EYR-ES module with a FX2N-16EYR plug everything in and it should work . 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The error messages you mentioned earlier we caused by that analog module (FX2N-8AD) not being connected.  That's why I said make sure the modules are all attached.

FX0N I/O is not compatible withFX3U, as has already been stated.

I 100% agree with Theuns, the program should work fine when the CPU and the FX0N module are switched out.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Theuns said:

Replace the FX2n CPU with FX3U then Replace the FX0N-16EYR-ES module with a FX2N-16EYR plug everything in and it should work .

 

 

 

19 hours ago, Crossbow said:

The error messages you mentioned earlier we caused by that analog module (FX2N-8AD) not being connected. That's why I said make sure the modules are all attached.

FX0N I/O is not compatible withFX3U, as has already been stated.

I 100% agree with Theuns, the program should work fine when the CPU and the FX0N module are switched out.

I replace it all and connect to FX2N-8AD - still doesn't work, and still there are an error at step 562 in programm (6708 Operation error). This error is present only in PLC FX3U with modules or without. Like on video there are no cyclically switching of outputs

Edited by zeon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no reason if that module is properly attached and powered up that the same program would not work.  Not sure what else we can tell you.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27.09.2021 at 11:09 PM, Crossbow said:

There's no reason if that module is properly attached and powered up that the same program would not work.  Not sure what else we can tell you.

Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zeon said:

Thank you 

Hope, you've already read my post there.
If to calculate the current of internal bus supply, +24V is overcurrent... If to connect the 8AD module directly to the PLC base and the FX2N-16EX after that, you'd can disconnect all discrete modules to check the program working. Then you can sequently connect the discrete modules one by one to detect in what stage you get a problem.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, Inntele said:

Hope, you've already read my post there.
If to calculate the current of internal bus supply, +24V is overcurrent... If to connect the 8AD module directly to the PLC base and the FX2N-16EX after that, you'd can disconnect all discrete modules to check the program working. Then you can sequently connect the discrete modules one by one to detect in what stage you get a problem.

Hello, thanks for your reply)
The problem seems to me in the PLC program, something needs to be changed or supplemented under FX3U ... there was advice from glavanov that it need to look at registers from D200 to D500 but I don't know what to look(
I disconnected all the modules from the AX2N (opened the bus), all the wires on the input and output contacts and the PLC worked and did not give any errors - it switched cyclically the outputs - OUT (0,10) with an interval of a couple of seconds OUT (1,11) and so on
When I also supply power to the FX3U without modules, without wires on the input and output pins, the PLC turns on the first OUT (0,10) outputs according to the program and seems to freeze ... when I connect the laptop and watch errors in real time, it gives 3 mistakes as in the photo in my first post. one of them is an error at step 562 of the program

Edited by zeon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And as I have said multiple times, those errors indicate the extension module FX2N-8AD you are using is not communicating with the PLC.  Of course you will get an error when they are not connected.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30.09.2021 at 6:19 PM, Inntele said:

 

On 01.10.2021 at 5:30 PM, Crossbow said:

And as I have said multiple times, those errors indicate the extension module FX2N-8AD you are using is not communicating with the PLC.  Of course you will get an error when they are not connected.

Why in AX2N without all I/O and without all modules 16EYR, 8AD and so on... it works fine and there are no errors ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0