Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

Notify Area problem

12 posts in this topic

I set Control Area L0000 and Notify Area L0010 in my PT. I wrote the code as on the picture. I think that first MOV should write number of current screen to the DM12 but it is still #0000 even the displaying screen is ie. #3. another MOV works OK and the screen is switching to the #9. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Pawel

Try using the screen strobe flag to copy the LR10 to the DM12....place this logic after your MOV #9 LR0 in a seperate rung. The screen switch strobe flag i think from memory will be LR12.12 (Notify + 2 bit 12) Also make sure that DM 12 is not directly / or indircelty been addressed somewhere else in the program.

You wrote LR12.12. I checked my PT settings and NT21 has just one word Notify area. So If I set it to LR10, PT shows that notification area is from LR10 to LR11. How I can find any information in LR12.12. Thanks Pawel

Good guess from memory, but he's right. There are only two words in the PT Control area. LR11.12 would be the Screen Switch strobe.

I'm stumped. It's clear what you wrote, but my LR10 doesn't have any number. To check it I prepared numeral display with PLC Address LR10, and all the time it's 0000. What is the point of that. I used all settings : direct/indirect reference and still nothing. Should I change any other settings. As I wrote MY Control Area is L0-4, Notify L10-11, Window 15-23 and only numeral display from the L0 showed me current screen number, rest of them nothing. Pawel

Can you paste your PT configuration screens here ? Perhaps there's something you overlooked ? Also, what happens if you set a value #123 in your ladder on LR10, is it overwritten directly or does it stay there ?

I checked my program and I do not use LR10 anywhere, just to call notify area. Later I deleted instructions with LR10 and I set numeral string with PLC address LR10 and still it is 0. When I used screen strobe flag and MOV LR10 DM12 it was also 0 - I set numeral string to DM12 and nothing, nothing... Below I attach my PT settings, In my list of symbols I have only LR0 and LR10 and I use only LR0 to switch on screens. Thanks for any help Pawel Edited by pszczepan

when I MOV #123 LR10 it stays even I change screens. So, what does it mean? Pawel

I believe if you want to use the PT Notify word to hold the present screen number then you need to check the box for NT20/30/620 Compatibility. Go to Tools > PT Configuration in the Support Tool, check the box for NT20 compatibility and download to the PT again. See Appendix C in the NT21 Reference Manual.

Man, ECSI , I plum forgot about that one!

Hi, Changing to NT20 mode may restrict options for the project... (the NT20 doesn't offer all the functions of the NT21) You don't need to do this!! The NT21/31 series keep the control word (LR0) updated with the current screen number all the time. (easier than tracking the screen num with screen change strobe bit!!) Why not simply move the LR0 (control) value into DM12 prior to Moving #9 into LR0? I assume you wish to record the screen num prior to switching? See Picture... Note the @MOV is executed only on the rising edge. This will store the current screen number in DM12 before switching. Nibroc Edited by Nibroc

Oh guys - you are great I checked both method and they work. Thanks for your help. Pawel