Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ahsan1820

Mitsubishi PLC H.W & S.W selection guidance required.

12 posts in this topic

Hi good day, I have to automate a small machine two analog inputs ,two digital inputs and 8 digital outputs .what Hardware of PLC in mitsubishi should I use .Also tell me which programming software should I use as a beginner GX developer or GX IEC developer. As I have to use scaling of analog inputs which one is easy.OR any other easy method or PLC please tell me.

One example hardware configuration is: - FX2N-8EX-ES/UL, for the digital inputs and outputs - FX2N-2AD, for 2 analog inputs You can choose any of the software programs. GX IEC has more programming posibilities than GX as far as I know. I hope this example helps. Kind regards, Maikel

Those products are older, and you would be better off going with the newer products, such as the FX3G PLC (pick your own combination of power source and I/O type) with the FX3G-4AD-ADP analog input module. The PLC has a mini USB port for programming. The new GX Works 2 suite gives you the programming software, as well as the simulator so that you can test your code.

One example hardware configuration is: - FX2N-8EX-ES/UL, for the digital inputs and outputs - FX2N-2AD, for 2 analog inputs As you have mentioned DI/DO above,but i think i dont need this digital I/O module as I also have to use PLC CPU which must have some built in DI/DO kindly suggest me a CPU also and tell me if there is any CPU present having DI/DO and AI built in the single PLC CPU . And one more thing how to address this analog module if I am using it very next to the CPU how to find its addresses,when using GX IEC developer. Edited by ahsan1820

If a low resolution A/D conversion (8-9 bit) and a common circuit for analog/digital signals will suit, you can enjoy with AL2-24MR-D (or 14MR-D together with extention module). Otherwise, look to FX3G or FX3U models as mentioned above.

hi I have decided to go for FX1n 24 MR ES/UL as CPU as it gives me 14 inputs and 10 outputs .more then my requirements and FX2N-2AD analog input module for my load cells. Actually let me tell you my machine operation simply it have load bins which fills when they are empty up to the desired set point weight and dumps on manual operator request. Is there any suggestion you guys wanna give me about my hardware selection?

Many load cells work 0-500mV. Most PLC analog modules cannot read this. Make sure your load cells put out a signal in a range your analog input module can work with.

I can add the remark. If the signal of load cell come to the PLC via controller of load cell, that has a standard range output (0-10V, 0-20 or 4-20mA), the FX2N-2AD will not provide an acceptable resolution also. The accuracy of weighting will be very low, with the same success the weight can be estimated by eye.

i am using a transmitter to convert load cell value into 0-10V or 4-20mA signal.Now what module should I use for this load measurement?

You can use FX2N-2AD if you want. As mentioned above you should really look at FX3G (with an ADP AD module which are cheaper).

How much accuracy do you need? FX2N-2AD is very low resolution, as many have already said.

I don't exactly know about the previous controller but let me tell you that it was controlled by Atmel 89C51 micro-controller with some ULN adc to read the analog data for controller.now I think if the machine was previously working fine on microcontroller with ULN adc (analog to digital converter)then it should also work fine with the hardware I suggest.Please let me know for further suggestions.