Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Industrial Network CAT5 Hub recommendations?

7 posts in this topic

Anyone used an industrial networking hub they like and would recommend? I need to connect three cognex insight cameras on ethernet and want to mount the hub in the panel on a piece of din rail. Any good ones out there?

I'm using ADAM-6520. It is 5-port etherenet switch which directly mounts on din rail and uses 24VDC from the cabinet. It is one of the less expencive industrial switches (ca. $130-150US). http://www.bb-elec.com/product.asp?sku=ADA...520&dept_id=601

I personaly like phoenix contact you can check them out here Phoenix contact wierd for some reason you have to open it twice for it to work so try the link again. b4 saying it doesnt work. Peace Edited by KinK

http://www.bb-elec.com/ieswitch_chart.asp

I personnally like the ones from Contempory Controls. Din Rail mounted, 5 port switch (auto switching) with 10-30V (ac/dc) supply screw terminals. The supply terminals can also cater for redundant power supply connection. Cool. They are heavily involved in industrial networking etc... Contempory Controls link

I second the motion on Contemporary Controls. We use them on all our demos.

Caution: Video streaming is usually multicast and so can flood your network sending high volumes of traffic to all nodes, in spite of using switches. To avoid this, you need switches with IGMP snooping capability, preferably without the need for a separate router to make the IGMP query. Check out Hirschman.