Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

Converting Designer Project to Earlier version

7 posts in this topic

Hi Again, I am the guy that cant open my friends Designer Project because I only have Designer 2.1 and he has the latest version. I was wondering whether or not he could convert his original programme to an earlier version by clicking tools, Convert and then changing the version to say version 6, because I can open version 7 programmes. Regards Peter PS I have ordered NS Designer

Basically no - not backward compatable. Even copying and pasting some graphics from one screen running 8.0 to version 7 will not work.

There is a "Hidden-Function" to convert CX-Designer projects to LOWER System Versions. Browse to the folder... Please execute mod.exe in your CX-Designer install folder. You will be prompted... Select "Yes". Now, in the conversion options you can convert up, as well as down 1 system version level. Screenshot is from a project created with Ver.8.4 If you need to convert down more than one version you have to do it one version at a time, saving to a new file each time. Confirmation dialog you are prompted with before you convert. Just be sure to test your program after and downgrade to verify operation. Edited by ScottHeil

Thank you Scott!! I was unaware of that capability. That is very helpful.

Scott, I was thinking about that, but I noticed that it will not let you go back beyond the major version that you start with. For instance, if a project was version 8.2, you could back it up to 8.1 and then to 8.0, but you could not back up any further. His project happens to be 8.0, so you cannot back it up any further (unless I am missing something). Do you know any way to get around that limitation? Edited by Michael Walsh

Ok Thanks, I take it my friend has to convert his programme has it was the original I have vers 2.1 and I couldnt find mod.exe. Also does any one know how to upgrade cx one first version to vers 4 I live in UK, Wont allow me to do it online. Will I recieve some more disks when I have paid and does any one know UK cost. Regards Peter

I normally get mine straight from Omron as soon as it is available. Try Omron if they are direct there or a distributor. They normally have them in stock and you can go and pick it up straight away. Be ready for plenty of updates on the web too - they continually improve the product.