Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimWilborne

Editing comments in the ladder editor

21 posts in this topic

I think I must be missing something simple. When I click on an element in the ladder editor, at the bottom the "Address or Value" is given along with the "Comment" on the symbol. Is there a way to edit the comment here? See image below. Also, how do you add comments to I/O points that are directly addressed without symbols? Thanks TW

There are 2x ways. 1. You can use the Symbol table 2. Or click on the address in the ladder editor, this brings up the address/symbol, enter then takes you to the comment.

Double click on it and that brings up the little box - then hit 'ALT E'. Edited by BobB

I can use the symbol editor to change the comments but I can't seem to figure out the other methods you are saying. Is it possible I have something turned off in options?

I do not know to be honest. Here are the 4 steps Step 1 highlighted Step 2 hit enter Step 3 ALT E Step 4 ALT E again and modify - for some reason the highlighted text did not download for step 4 You can do this online as well but you can only change the description online Edited by BobB

My step 2 is the problem. Below is what I get.

And what happens if you hit enter to accept the current being displayed symbol?

It goes back to this

TW: Unfortunately, you have found the "Smart" Input Mode. Switch to Classic Input Mode.

You are the man Jay! I knew I had to be missing something simple! Many more questions to come.

One thing that might help if you are using a lot of instruction blocks is to turn them sideways.

Do I detect that I am not the only one who thinks the "Smart" mode is not so smart? Personally, I much prefer the classic input method. Maybe I'm just getting old and set in my ways.

Or I'm not smart enough on CX yet to use it :)

I'm reaaaly "old school".

I was completely freaked out when they decided to set the smart input mode by default since v9.2 or something like that. That's not funny Omron...

Since we are in the "CX-Programmer"section at MrPLC.com, they are probably listening. Can you hear me now?

Since I'm a newbie I don't really know all the pros and cons to the classic versus smart methods, but perhaps more than changing the default view to classic, how about making a "smart" way to edit comments in the smart view? PdL, since you knew this, why didn't you tell me this instead of "just hit enter" the other day.

Thought I could leave you hanging for a while and you would figure it out...

It whipped me!