Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ratcliffe_ic

PC to FX3U-ENET

27 posts in this topic

I'm having trouble connecting my laptop (Dell Latitude D820) via Ethernet to an FX3U-ENET, so far I've done the following: Set the ENET via FX Configurator, I've two connections TCP - MELSOFT connection on Ch1 for my PC, UDP on ch 2 for the HMI, this was set up via RS232 I've set all the IP addresses 192.168.1.100 for the PLC, 192.168.1.101 for the HMI, 192.168.1.110 for my PC, everything is connected through a Hirschmann hub. The HMI is communicating with the PLC over ethernet, I can download to the HMI from E designer over ethernet but I can't set the transfer setup to ethernet in GX developer. When I attempt a connection test it says Can't communicate with the PLC. I've set FX configurator to ethernet comms and this gives the same result: Can not connect I can ping all the addresses from Command Prompt. I've tried going straight in with a crossed cable, I've swapped all the cables round. I've turned the firewall off and anti-virus software. I'm on GX developer 8.45x and I'm thinking this is a GX developer / my PC problem, I've removed and reinstalled the software as well. Any ideas anyone?

Have you set up TCP communication in GX Developer (see picture)??

If that's all set and there is a port set for TCP Melsoft Connection, then you're ready to go. There's no other setup required.

Yes, I realise that I probably have everything set correctly, that's why I'm thinking its related to the laptop and gx developer / gx developer 8.45x. So has anyone else had any issues like this?

Yes i've seen that information but that is more about getting the ENET to talk to other devices, which I don't have an issue with as it is talking quite happily to the E1041 attached to it. My issue is with what should be the most simple connection, that to GX developer - TCP Melsoft connection. What I have noticed is that from FX configurator whilst connected via 232, I can select diagnostics and do a ping test to the HMI which replys but a ping test of the ENET card gets no reply, maybe this is not unusual though.

please screenshot settings ethernet card laptop

See the attached screenshot for the interface image, I notice there is no details here for the PC side interface, can someone check if some information usual appears about the pc's settings. When I select 232 it gives me information about the com port etc. but why not for ethernet. interface.bmp settings.bmp

Have you tried to install the software GX Developer / FX Configurator with the antivirus and firewall turned off?? I know you've said that you have tried to switch off the firewall/antivirus while trying to communicate, but did you try to turn it off before installation??

I've just loaded gx dev 8.45x on my older laptop, an inspiron 8100 and I can get online without any problem over ethernet, so it is definitely a problem with gx dev on this machine, I'll have a go at installing without the firewall and antivirus and see what happens.

I've now uninstalled and reinstalled with antivirus and firewall off, same result can't communicate.

Something about that laptop or OS isn't compatible with your other laptop.

They're both XP SP2 and the D820 works on every other system: AB, Omron, Schneider etc. Anybody else using a Latitude via ethernet in this way, what version of GX dev are you using?

I have a Latitude D830 and use version 8.80J GX Developer. I have had no problerms with my Ethernet connection. Have you tried talking to Mitsi about this.

This week I had the same problem. All pings OK but cannot establish connection from GX IEC Developer. Reason was missing setting in FX Configurator: Open Settings -> Protocol TCP, Open System -> MELSOFT connection

See my 1st post, I have this set. I have contacted Mitsubishi about this problem and am awaiting an answer.

Let us know what Mitsu says then, so that we know what the problem was (and forum users can see the solution in the future)

Hi chaps, I know I'm coming in late on this post (and have only 80% read it) but I may have the answer if your problem still persists. I had the same proble for ages ! Mitsubishi couldn't help so I worked it out myself. You need to use a UDP protocol with with FX-Configurator and open a certain port. Follow the screenshot. I found this information in one of the help files or manuals. Best of luck, Ben Fx_confi_setup_ENET.bmp

That's the connection to get the ethernet module to talk to the HMI. Mitsubishi have been no help, they say it is related to this PC and its firewall settings, all of which I've checked and seem to be OK. Turning off the firewall should resolve any issues I would have thought anyway. I'm going to upgrade to the latest software and see what happens, I'll let you know the outcome.

Good luck mate !

ratcliffe_ic, I had (have) the same problem. Only way I could talk to the PLC was actually unplugging the HMI cable from the PLC (in mycase FX3U_ENET) module and then plug the laptop's ENET cable directly to it. Then I was able to go online with the PLC. When I plugged it in via the ethernet switch I was not able to connect. Funny thing though, PLC ENET module cable connects to the HMI via this same ethernet switch. However, when I have my laptop connected to the switch, I could ping the PLC but can't connect to it unless I pug it directly to the PLC's (Enet module). Would like to know what you find. It's a pain working with stuff. By the way, I am using GX developer 8.45x as well. I am almost certain that it's a setting that need to be done via the GX configurator-En, but could not find any info. Hope you find a fix. Regards

Most likely you only set up one port for TCP MELSOFT Connection on the FX3U-ENET. MELSOFT Connection is also used by the GOT. So if only one port set up, then only one or the other will communicate.

See the attached for configuration in FX configurator, I'm talking to an E terminal which uses the UDP connection, the melsoft connection is for the PC to PLC comms (the bit I can't get working). settings.bmp

Late to the Post but I have the same Issue as Skyfox, I cannot go online to The ENET Moduly via the ethernet switch. Only by connecting directly PC to Enet Module. Configuration is FX3U ENET Slot 0 to Ethernet switch, from switch to Red Lion G310 (No problem here) Using Primaily GX IEC Developer 7.03 but also tried with GX Dev 8.45X. While Mitsubishi have been helpfull they dont have a solution. In Oz there are only two of us using IEC and I had Profibus Issues to 8 drives and no solution....Another story Hope someone solves theENET issue I had to give up and move on with the project. Best of luck all, and Hello from DownUnder Sample.bmp Edited by Cetronic