Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Aldo

USB Interface

6 posts in this topic

Hi Jay / Ev'ry Body, Can you help me about my problem? Can we use Syswin V34 on USB Interface? because i cann't connect CPM1A PLC - CPM1-CIF01 ( host ) to my Laptop? Does SyswinV34 support USB Interface? Thank's alot B4

You require a USB/232 converter. Be carefull. Many will not work. Omron have one and I have had a good deal of success with it. Plug your standard Omron serial cable into the adaptor and into the CIF and away you go.

BobB is referrig to the Omron CS1W-CIF31 USB to Serial Cable. There are also others that will work. CS1W_CIF31_InstructionSheet.pdf

In a nut shell, Syswin supports COM ports.... USB to RS232 adaptors (after installing their support software...generally in XP there is no need to install the extra drivers it might have them already) emulate a COM port. So yes, Syswin should be able to talk. I personnally have used the Omron one and a brand called Wiretek and have had no real problems. Also as a side note...if you need to use COM2 (some older support software DOS migth only support upto COM2, if your lucky upto COM4) you can generally change the settings of the USB port to the appropriate COM port as long as it has not been assigned to another device. (modem etc)

you should change this setting. i had tried lots of usb to serial convertor. but only one of them works carefully :*-( sorry my english terrible

I have also had to do this I have tryed two different kinds and both worked for me, go and buy one from your local cpu store just make sure that you ask them that if it dosnt work that you can return it... most bigger places will do this no problem. then open the packaging carefully and try it..