Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul Keizer

Ethernet settings

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm programming an Omron plc CJ1M by ethernet connection. And i'm wondering if it's possible to connect to the plc by ethernet and/or internet with every IP-adres possible. Because at the moment the plc IP adres is set to 10.1.200.60. When i want to connect to the plc i have to use an Ip adres in this range. Can anyone help me?

You have to have the IP addresses in the same segment - that is Ethernet for you. I am no IT expert but I think you can do a lot of fancy things to do this in routers - have never tried but IT people tell me you can. Also be aware that 10. is a private network. I often use it to stop the IT people getting in and stuffing up my comms to the PLCs. IT hate that! Edited by BobB

You can setup ETN21 in such a way that it can be reached. from the Internet. Two ways are VPN or Port-forwarding. Check the router you have for its capabilities. VPN is not always supported but portforwarding is. Maybe you can use DynDNS to reach your router by name instead of IP-address.

Attached document might come in handy, it explains the port forwarding method. Accessing_Omron_PLCs_via_the_Internet.pdf

I'm trying to configure the ETN21 to access it trough VPN with no success. I know the problem may me in the routing table but it is no clear to me how to arrange it for VPN May me some of you have done it before and coud help me. I am able to connect to other PLC's in the network and also to connect to the ETN21 locally.