Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plcdawg

Ethernet Flex I/O

7 posts in this topic

I have a remote Flex I/O via Ethernet. It is set up on a contrologix controller. For some reason the output 0 is on without instruction from the program. I have checked the program several times and can not find the output anywhere in it. I thought the relay may be stuck, but when I unplug the ethernet from the adapter, the output goes out. I am using a 1794-AENT adapter and a 1794-OW8 module. Has anyone ever ran into something like this? Thanks.

Got a program we can look at?

Sure. Here you go. Thanks. Edited by plcdawg

I had this happen to me when I put a new program in a processor that had the output on when It had been stopped and the new program did not address the output. You need to add the output to your program and just make sure it is off. I got an access denied when I tried to open the file.

Thanks finfin. I put in a line of code and turned the output on and off a few times and then deleted the rung. The output stayed off!! I have never seen this happen before. I guess you learn something new everyday. Thanks.

This makes me wonder, do the ethernet IO racks have dip switches for hold last state or safe state like the CNET, DNET and RIO racks do?

my guess is that the "image table" had a 1 in it, with nothing to change it to a zero, it just stayed on. Might could have just toggled the value of the output without the add, subtract ladder the op did.