Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
python01

Timer question

10 posts in this topic

Is there timer which would go to set value, set T coil for a scan or so then reset itself back to 0 and do the timing again? I am basically trying to flash light using regular time interval.

M8013 is always a good place to start. This is a 1s on/off pulse. Can't remember if it's 1 on 1 off or .5 on .5 off but it gives a nice relaxed flash. Other than that there are hundreds of ways to do this with set times for on and off. The easiest and most widely understood would be to use two timers. If you are intent on using one timer, or one instruction I think there are special functions but why bother? Edit : This is for the FX range. Edited by Veganic

It's simple: put a timer normally closed contact as its condition. The timer normally open contact will become a single-scan pulse of the timer preset period.

as Sergey already mentioned, use NC of the timer as condition, timer will run for specified time and reset it self. timer done bit will be on for one scan and it will come on every time timer reaches preset. T7 ---|/|-----------------------------(T7 K50) T7 ---| |-----------> do whatever

For the A series the internal timer registers or "bits" as it were range from M9030 to M9034 starting with .1 sec, .2 sec, 1 sec, 2 sec, and 1 minute. I rarely use the FX but as the gentleman has provided, M8013 will work. M8011=.01 sec, M8012=.1 sec, M8013=1 sec, M8014=1 min. Good luck, Mitchell

Panic's code is what I would do. But if you want it to stay on for more than one scan, I have an example of a pulse timer with adjustable on/off times, I would need to make a screen shot to post it.

Crossbow is exactly right, but, you've all those internal timers that were made basically just for your application. Everyone has a different method or decisive way of programming of which I'm sure we'll all agree. I like using as little code as possible. Mitsi has so many, perhaps too many, internal bits at your disposal. Just need to download the FX or A series programming manuals and look into the extended M and D registers to know what they are.... It's rather like the gentleman that was requesting the CC-Link info. I'm sure that Crossbow knows where I'm going with this. Go to the Mitsi site and look for any CC-Link info, of which there is a lot, and look for Buffer Memory information related to the CC-Link card used in that particular application. The only problem with Mitsi's manuals is that they aren't very clear. Imagine that.

Thanks everyone, I used the SM413 which is 2 sec. internal timer. There is so much stuff in Mitsi it is hard to grasp at the beginning and the manuals are very bulky and sometimes info in them is hard to find, especially when one does not know the particular function exists. Thanks a lot.

Very good and very correct: Persistence and patience rewards. Hang in there,,,