Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geek

Help with Crashing Rockwell Software

14 posts in this topic

Hello, Suddenly all my rockwell softwares wont run. I get a display saying the software has encounted a problem and needs to close anytime i load the software. I've uninstalled all of them and started reinstalling starting with RSLogix 500 but still wont run. Any help from you will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

What all software is all Rockwell Software? What OS are you running? What versions? Do you have a support contract?

Hi, RSLogix500 ver 7.0, RSLinx 2.5, RSLogix 5000 ver 15, RSViewSE, RSView32, RSSQL8.0 etc. I'm running windows xp sp2 and i'm not on support contract. These softwares have been running without any problem until five days ago. My activations are fine and seems to be pointing more to the registry or a currupted common file. I've encounted this problem before and after a couple of unsuccessful attempts to fix it I reinstalled the operating system. This time i dont want to do that because it will take a long time. I'm running quite alot of softwares. I've scanned my registry with a registry utility but still no luck. Thanks.

Try this AB Technote. http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1

We had a similar problem with a windows update. My manager said that ours also would not let you open Dcomconfg.exe and also wouldn't allow you to uninstall the rockwell software. he said that there was a "Windows System32 registry file that had to be changed to allow full access to all users to get it to work. He also said that system restore would not work. If you do get system restore to work be careful that you don't restore back to a time before the RS keys were installed. If you need to go back that far, uninstall the keys first , then restore then reinstall the keys.

Thank you TWControls and Finfin. I set the systemvariable checkdrives to 'c' and rebooted but still no luck. Thanks.

We also had problems about five days ago from windows updates.

Had similar problem 3 months ago System Restore to a previous date fixed problem

Its look like that something goes wrong with your windows dll file. Try to removed your licence file to your licence disk. And scan and fix the ntdll.dll file. After that just reinstalled the RSLogix Software. I hope with this you will get lucky. Cheers

Recent Windows update has been screwing up a lot of software. Might be the 2.0 .NET frameworks update. There are other patches. Doing a system restore (as previously suggested) can often "fix" the problem.

Problem Fixed. Thank you all for your support. I found this answer from one of the forums: "Received reply from Rockwell, They stated to check and delete EVICOM.sys file in my PC. I Did so, deleted EVICOM.SYS. Now all my rockwell programmes working fine." I did just that - deleted EVICOM.sys from my c: drive and all my rockwell softwares are running now. Thank you all once again.

Thanks for letting us know how you fixed it

I was just about to tell you that it the evicom activations causing conflict, had that issue many times glad to see you got it solved