Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

IL code change to ladder

15 posts in this topic

Hi ! I have GX IEC Developer 7.0 and I uploaded program from FX2N with success, but program is in IL code. How I can change it to ladder??? Thanks Pawel Edited by pszczepan

You dont have to anything to change it, its just the way you view it, just go to View>Ladder to view in IL again just go to View>Instruction List , thats it !!

Mostly I work with Omron. GX Developer is new for me, but I cannot find view option as you wrote - just look below: Hmm Pawel

thats because you did not say it was GX IEC Developer !! (perhaps i should have known by the version number) I dont know if its possible to do this with IEC as i dont use it only GX developer, sorry !!

Developer and IEC Developer are completely different. I agree that it might not be an easy task, someone from Europe who's more familiar with IEC Developer should be ble to help if it can be done. I only work with GX Developer too.

You can't change it from IL directly into Ladder from GX IEC Developer. However there is a little program to do this for you though. I've uploaded the manual so you can take a look how it works. However the program might have been written in GX Developer. If it contains less than 1000 steps there is a FREE version you can download. 1009en_Ladder_Converter_GB.pdf

From www.beijer.se: English Helpfile for IL to Ladder Converter.exe Convert_for_GXDeveloper.xls Regards Alex

Thanks Alexander_K - converter works Edited by pszczepan

Hello. I use GX IEC Developer 7.00. I have followed the instructions from the manual. The program stops responding when I press the convert button. Do you have any ideas? Are there some instructions that can't be converted? Thank you.

Did you have the right CPU type selected in the converter tool?

Yes, FX1N CPU type. I also have installed GX IEC Developer 6.00. I have tried to convert using the library from 6.00 and 7.00 with the same result. In the program I use Master Control, MPS, MRD, MPP, index registers, FOR, RS and some usual instructions. Maybe it has something to do with the instructions listed above.

IF you want upload your original files than I/We can give it a try

I have cut out from my program hoping that it will be simpler to convert but it is still not working. I have attached the cut off version of program. Thank you. FX1N_IL_convert.zip

It lookes like it's not the program it can't convert but some of the text creates a problem. I downloaded the project into a PLC did a new upload of the program so I lost the text comments. Copied the global variable list from the original project and tried to convert again. attached is the result Ouput_file.zip Edited by Gambit

Thank you, Gambit. I will try the same thing that you've done. I will also try to remove some of the comments.