Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joris

V700 HMD11 Tag readers on Devicenet

7 posts in this topic

Does anybody have experience with several V700 HMD11 Tag readers (via DRT1-RS232C2 converter) on DeviceNet?. I'm looking for a programm which can read them by command. It is only reading not writing. I have 14 scanners and every DRT1_RS232C2 does have 2 ports so there are 7 devicenet nodes programmed.The Plc is an Omron CS1H cpu66 (v3) with an CJ1W-DRM21 Devicenet card inserted. Can anybody help me?

I do not have an example that i have done but I have glanced over the manual and it appears to be clear in the steps requied to talk to the devices... You will need to communicatre via Explicit Messaging... Extensive details can be found in DRT1 Series DeviceNet Slave Units Operation Manual W347-E1-06

I would consider using 2 CJ1M with SCU boards... and interconnectring those (ETN/D-NEt/PC-LINK) This will be easier and probably more robust. Take into account the timings of the communication on Devicenet. If several V700 heads start reading at the same time you can get in sequence and timing problems. Another option would maybe be to write everything with RXD/TXD in a CPM2C on Devicenet and use a CPM2C per reader. This makes the amount of data on Devicenet limited, lowers the workload on the CS1 and makes development easier due to the fact that you use the CPM2 as a "coprocessor" with in each CPM2 the same software.

Hi Joris, here my example, just to give you an impression, how difficult it is. Sorry my example has comments in german, and it was written for C200HG. The customer did not take it, he also prefered a solution, like beegee stated. Harald DRT232_2.txt DRT232_2.cxp

beegee has rightly pointed out the timing problem. Because of that, I have used 6 nos. SCU cards to read from 10 nos. V700-HMD11 and 2 nos. bar code scanners in one automotive assembly line project (CJ1G PLC). SVN

Here is a link to a Device Net explicit message builder supplied by Jay Anthony. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=257 I think this uses the CMND function. The last time I did this I used the IOWR function. Will see if I still have the details.

Thanks, Problem with the IOWR function is that it doesn't work anymore with an CJ cpu plc. I already tried programming it with an EGATR (721) and an ESATR (722) instruction. It is much easier than an CMND instruction. I'm busy with it an i feel i'm on the right direction. Thanks anyway