Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
presario2100

Old and new type plc link problem

8 posts in this topic

Currently I have two PLC C200H link together by using LK401 module (RS422). This morning one of the PLC was dead, I think to replace with the new model PLC like CS series, so I have to replace 2 or just replace 1 only? can CS link with C200H by using RS422 communication? really need your guys suggestion, thanks ya.

Hi, if you like, you can still use C200H-LK401 on a CS1. See W339-E1-8 chapter 2-4-2 page 108. As CS1 does not have LR-area, you will find the Bits between CIO 1000 and CIO 1063.15. Harald

You will also be able to use all of your C200H i/o cards. Special i/o cards will need to be addressed differently as Harald Brueck indicated.

I no need to change the baseplate also? CS series can mount on C200H baseplate?

Sorry, you will need a new backplane. The CS1 processor will NOT mount on a C200H backplane. Your C200H modules WILL mount on the CS1 backplane without problem. Hope this helps.

Be carefull which CS1 backplane you select. There are 2 types - one which will accept the old and new cards and another which will only accept the CS1 cards.

Another thing to watch, your remote rack addresses are probably 5X.XX and 51.XX. With a CS1 they become 3000.00 and up. There is a small chart in the back of the manual listed that tells you the conversion. You can go to the symbol table and edit the 5X.XX and make it 30XX.XX. This will globally modify all remote address bits. Watch power supply requirements from the C200 to the CS1 as this also must be addressed. If you have any analog modules with the C200, you need to get the CS1 specific analogs. The digital I/O work with out issue. Some specialty modules will not convert over.