Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rgmiles

New to Ethernet

15 posts in this topic

Hi all. I am new to ethernet, I have my cj1m conected to my laptop by ethernet ok. Now i need to get dm data into excel. i need to know a simple way to do this,i have the cxone automation package. I have read a lot of stuff on the forums but it is not clear to me at this time. can anyone point me in the right direction best regards Bob.

When u installed CX-Prog u would also have CX-Server.... goto this and select DDE Manager.... CX-Server DDE Manager will appear in task bar... right click it .. set you update interval.. then go new ... tyoe in test for example press ok... then right click on CX-Server DDE on task bar again -- select edit... Now configure your PLC device (should be same settings as in CX-Programmer) Then add a point and configure it... then press the DDE link button... Open Excel and select a cell in a work sheet ... goto to edit and press paste... and vola ... data into excel...

On this same topic, my CJ1M-CPU22 is connected serially into an NS5 touchpanel, which is then connected to the network via ethernet. Am I able to do the same thing, and if so, would I configure my CX Server to the same settings as my CJ or my NS (or something totally different)? Thank you, in advance! Tig On this same topic, my CJ1M-CPU22 is connected serially into an NS5 touchpanel, which is then connected to the network via ethernet. Am I able to do the same thing, and if so, would I configure my CX Server to the same;settings as my CJ or my NS (or something totally different)? Thank you, in advance! Tig

Any ethernet device that you want to interconnect has to share the same subnet. So your computer's IP subnet has to match the PLC IP subnet. It is possible to interconnect different subnets but then you would need to use routers.

Do you mean you wan to route through your NS to your PLC? <PC>-----------IP-------------<NS5>-------------RS232C---------------<PLC>

You have your NS on the network, but not you PLC? Am I the only one that finds this setup odd? There must be a reason for it I guess?

A little side question. What if you want to log data over af period of time, with fx. 5 seconds interval, in the same excelfile Is that af big job to do?? Morten from denmark

Mainly price.. Check the price of an ethernet option compared to an CJ1M ETN option card

No not really ... need to use a timer control and a bit of VB script....

Yes you can route through an NS to a CS/CJ/CP1 Cheers

Handy to know I guess, I am being lazy, but what manual does that appear in? I probably prefer the PLC to be on ethernet anyway, makes for faster mod's etc when editing / downloading / uploading / updating etc.

It is not in any manual, I got it from Omron Japan..... The PLC has to be connected in NTLINK (high speed) just connect with CX-Programmer with following settings: Source address: source network = network number of ethernet on NS source node number = node number on ethernet of your PC Destination: destination network 111 node number 1 for PLC connected on port A destination network 112 node number 1 for PLC connected on port A (these addresses are fixed for all NS screens) l had to reduce the framelength in order to be able to upload and download the complete program, but connecting and online adit goes right away. The speed is quite high too You have to be connected by NT-link and it only works for CS/CJ/CP1H, not for older PLC's since they don't support different message handling on one port. CU Beegee

I apologize for the delay...work's work. Yes, I go from PC - IP - NS5 - RS232C - PLC. That has worked fine for me now for two years. I am on the same subnet, so I'll give it a try. Thanks! Tig