Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kcor

cx progrommer

18 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if there are any good training help manuals for cx programmer. Just recieved it after ordering it from my local omron vendor, and the manual that comes with it is not the best in the world. Thanks

What version did you install? Have you checked out the On-Line Manual directory on the install CD? Tell me what you are missing. CX Programmer 3.2\On-line Manuals\English\PDF

For a step by step tutorial on using CX-Programmer ----- See if you can get a copy of the following brochure. R104-E1-01 CX-Programmer Introductory Guide The pdf is around 33meg though. I don't think that I could upload this size file though. Mabey Jay could post a link to it if you ask nicely

have 3.0 that I recieved a couple of weeks today and today recieved the 3.2 upgrade. Have tomorrow off, when I get back in the office will check for the PDF file. did not bring pc home with me this weekend. Only played with the CX for a few minutes at work and have to say it appears to be a very well designed software package. Thanks

R104-E1-01 is on the CX Programmer 3.2 Upgrade CD-ROM.

Sleepy, You can upload up to 50MB here: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?act=Downloads&CODE=04 Make sure you wait until you see the confirmation page that the file was uploaded before you leave the upload page. Thanks!

Rock Syswin 3.41 much better. Easy to use and easy to document on the ladder.

:*-( ArikBY, I had the same feeling about Syswin when it first came out and all of the other PLC vendors only had DOS based programs. I use to use CAPS PLUS in the early 90's, bought syswin on a JOB, didn't use it though, because I was comfortable using what I was use to. I was working for an OEM where I was programming AB, Modicon, Siemens, Toshiba, PLC's & to learn a new package was always a pain. I finally used syswin one version later and a number of jobs later on a large system. I never looked back and kick myself as to why i didn't earlier. Syswin is a solid mature product. Lightning quick for online edit etc. However it lacks in multiwindow operation and modem functionality associated with the latest windows operating enviroments. ArikBY, I aggree with you when comparing to CX-P Version 1.0 (it was a bit of a dog), HOWEVER I DISAGREE with you now. The latest verion Cx-Programmer V3.2 leaves Syswin for dead, and a number of compeitor packages also. CX-Programmer is quite intuative to use. The first thing I did was to remap all of my short cut key to be like Syswin. (Simple selection under keyboard mapping). The watch window in CX-Programmer V3.2 far surpasses the limited data set window of syswin. The Address Reference Tool far surpasses any thing that is on offer from any other PLC programming package. And the Cross reference report tool in CX-Programmer which tells you all of the addresses used directly and indireclty by a function is invaluable. Eg PID instrution. What about the Auto-online option in CX-Programmer ? What about using EXCEL to do all of your Symbols and comments and simply copy and paste operations to CX-Programmer (no import / export required....) ? CX-Programmer allows far more ladder documention to be included in the program view. Besides rung comments you also have Annotations... I could go on and on but i'm boring myself.... People are nauturally reluctant to change, but if you don't try how can you go forward ? CX-Programmer for me........Well done Omron a solid programming package.

Jay I checked the 3.2 upgrade cd that I recieved from omron. I do not see a refrence to the CX Programmer 3.2\On-line Manuals\English\PDF Here is all I see on the cd. How would I go about getting the manual that you discussed. Thanks Here is what is on the CD CXprogrammer v3_1 Manual W414-01.pdf under Documentation.

OK, so the upgrade disc doesn't have the tutorial. See if you can find your Omron representative and see if he has a full install CD of CX-Programmer 3.2. You will find it in the directory mentioned above. I'm on a two week installation on-site and won't be near a high speed connection for awhile. I don't want to take all the bandwith at Holiday Inn Express to upload a 33mb pdf.

okay Thanks Jay Have sent email to my rep.

OK, got the 33mb file uploaded. R104-E1-01 CX-Programmer Introductory Guide

ArikBY I felt the same way about Syswin vs CX-Programmer. I have now changed my mind completely. There are a couple of things Syswin does better, when online programming after finishing your edit the page down key loaded the chages into the PLC and moved to the next rung. A little easier than ctrl - sft - E. Setting up simple Controller Link networks was easier in Syswin as you did not have to go away to CX-Server to set up a simple network. If working with networks all the time, CX-Server is far better and more powerful than the simple set up in Syswin. Also, Syswin had the ability to delete a scrambled rung from a running PLC programme, CX-Programmer does not. I was working on a job with an early version of CX and Citect running on the same computer. 9 PLCs networked together in a power station. I was working on the program in the master PLC, which could not be turned off or the power station would black out. I was doing online program changes and a couple of rungs that were downloaded became scrambled (incorrect syntax). I am not sure if this was a combination of CX and Citect running at the same time or not. CX would not let me delete the scrambled rungs. I had Syswin on my laptop, hooked up to the programming port on the old C200HS, uploaded, found the scrambled rungs and deleted them without a blackout or problem. Thats about the only benefits quite frankly. CX is so much more powerful, configurable and easy to use once you take the time to learn how to use it to your advantage. There are so many good things, auto connect, auto baud rate detection at 115k, multiple PLCs up and monitoring at the same time on a network, the ability to have PLC bits words etc from 4, 5, 6 PLCs in the watch window at once, the ability to monitor 4 words in binary at once, etc etc. One could go on for days. The bit monitor in V3.2 is far superior to earlier versions but still does not come up to the old CAPS programme. Setting up a monitor table there was brilliant, the best I have ever seen in PLC software. You could just type in timers (PV, bit and set value all in the one line), bits, words in any format (binary, ASCII, hex etc). You could even monitor a word in all formats at once by entering it into the table several times and monitoring each entry in a different word format. It was like a big spreadsheet at the end of the day. That is one area where CX, and any other PLC software I have ever used, could really be improved. Anyone who used CAPS extensively I am sure will agree with me about the CAPS monitoring system. Come on Omron software writers, and everybody else producing PLC programming software, get an old copy of CAPS, hook it up to an old PLC and see how GREAT the monitor was. A spreadsheet type monitor similar to that used in BMS systems and FIX Dynamics (about the only thing I like about FIX) where you can click on the mouse each time you wish to refresh your readings would also be fantastic but the ability to turn on and off constant monitoring would make it even better. How do you go with Syswin and CS1 and CJ1 processors? Syswin does not support them or the extended instruction set, without which I would be lost these days. I go back to an old C200H, HS or even Alpha and cannot find the instructions I use these days with the CS1 and CJ1. ArikBY, take the time to learn to use CX-Programmer properly and to your benefit and you will never want to go back.

Bob Thanks for your replay. What I have is CX 3.0 I orderd 3.2 I will get it in mid November when I will came back from US. Then I will try it. What I didnt like On CX that you can see only few alements of the ladder.and its difficult to documentation the contacts. Could you point please on the different between 3.0 to 3.2? Regards Arik

Documenting the contacts is really quite easy. I have set CX up so that when I am in the symbol editor, and I only use global symbols, Alt S inserts a new symbol, although I tend to use Ctrl C and Ctrl V a lot and then modify the symbol and description. The other way is to copy and paste in and out of Excel. Works a treat and when you copy back into CX, if you make a mistake, CX will not import the defective part but will give you the option to modfy the symbol/bit number. Most of the time I document my I/O (real I/O) before I start writing the progam. Most of the internal bits I document on the fly. Documentation is not different from 3.0 to 3.2 but the big advantage is that when inserting a function you can do it in one line of text instead of fiddling about. For example, bitcount, call up function and type in"BCNT #2 130 D1000" will bitcount 2 channels starting at channel 130 and place the result in D1000. Beats the hell out of getting RSI from dropping and dragging the european rubbish. If you know what you are doing, that little feature can save an enormous amount of time. Also, set your PLC up to "auto detect baud rate" at 115k. Man it is fast.

Bob Thanks again it was helpful. Do you know how to switch fast between the ledder to global symbols?.I think to work with the global it easy. I have all on one sheet.Alt S and Alt D work only in one direction. There is any way to see the comment when I point on one contact like Syswin

ArikBY I don;t believe that there is a simple way to show the comment on the status bar like syswin did. That was a neat little feature of syswin to quickly add an address symbol and comment on the fly. Howerver, u can turn on a lot of ladder information in under the TOOLS -> OPTIONS, LADDER INFORMATION Tab. Address, Symbols, Comments over mulitple line etc. Also to increase ladder display, turn off the workspace (Alt+1) (icon left of hammer icon). Also using a combination of Alt Left Arrow to shrink ladder or Alt Right Arrow to increase ladder. SHORTCUT Keys. CX-Programmer V3.2 is probably the most flewxiable of packages to configure. GO to TOOLS -> KeyboardMapping. The first thing I did was to say Remap All like Syswin. Ie F2 N/O, F3 N/C. Once u do this you get a help tool bar at bottom of screen. Pressing combinations of Alt, OR Shift will give u the explanation of pressing these with the Funciton keys...etc

downloaded the file, it is the best i have ever seen from omron. very helpful, saves a lot of learning curve time with the software package. thanks