Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Studiologe

Old Software needed

6 posts in this topic

Hello together, I'm working on a GE Fanuc CPU Series 90-30. The Laptop I was using broke and it had all the Software installed on it that I need. Any idea where I can find the Software for download? It uses a DOS-based command windows interface as programming platform. Since I can't find the original set-up floppy disks anywhere, it would be good if someone knows where to find it. I do have the original upgrade disks to upgrade it, but none to install. Any ideas where I can find that Software, since our Sales Rep even said that they don't distribute it any longer. Thanks guys.

The software you are looking for was called Logicmaster 90. You need the version for the 90-30. If you can find an installation CD for a software package called "VersaPro", Logicmaster is included with that. VersaPro was the predecessor to the current GE programming software which is called Proficy Machine Edition. Qualitrol (http://www.qualitrol.com) sells obsolete GE PLC components. I don't know whether or not they can sell you Logicmaster.

I'm pretty sure I have that software at home. I used to do a lot of 90-30 work. I'll try to remember to have a look tonight... Steve

The DOS Logic Master software can be copied off a hard drive and placed onto another hard drive. I am not sure if this is legal as it copies the Account information but it does work. My GE support claims LM90 DOS software is on the CD with the new software and is no longer copy Righted. GE Tech support may be able to provide a legal copy if that is true.

Well, it took a while but I found the Logicmaster 90-30 V9.05 AND the Infolink CD. Do you still need it? Steve

GEIP still sells LogicMaster 90 Software. There is a version of LM90 on the original VersaPro CD but no longer the case with Proficy ME. It is possible to copy it and easy to get around not having a proper serial number but it is not legal to do so. However I have never heard of GE or GEIP prosecuting anyone for bootlegging LM90. There is a first for everything.