Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ian s

Unknown F1 Functions ( Can you help Rodney?)

14 posts in this topic

Hi All in a previous post I asked for some help on F1 functions that did not appear in the manuals uploaded by Crossbow. A member called Rodney helped me out and I am hoping he, or any one else, can do the same again. This is probably going to be the first of a few threads because I am converting an old Mitsi F1 program to run on an AB 1200 micrologic and the following are just two of the unknown functions in it. 1) (F670)K33 2) (F670)K39 any detailed info would be a great help, thanks Ian

F670 K33 means a value writing to a register, like timer value. i.e.: LD xx (Execution condition) OUT F671 K99.9 (Value) OUT F672 K450 (Element No) OUT F670 K33 So timer T450 has a new value of 99.9 seconds. F670 K39 means transfer of the same Data n-Times i.e.: LD xx (Execution Condition) OUT F671 K800 (Original Data register to transfer) OUT F672 K10 (Number of transfers) OUT F673 K720 (Head No. of transfer destination D) OUT F670 K39 So the value of D800 is copied to D720...D729.

Thanks for your speedy reply FNM, I will post some more functions tommorow, Im off to work now on night shift. cheers ian

It looks like LEDA / LEDR type of programming. I see that programming is far more easier then it used to be.

funfrok, Actually that PLC is from the early 1980s, so if that was easy, life must be a piece of cake now...

Yes and only a hand held programmer for programming and trouble shooting. What a revolution Medoc was.

Fortunately for me Ive never had to use the hand held programmer. Ive always had the luxury of medoc although it did mean I occasionally had to load a desktop pc into a wheelbarrow and trundle along to the appropriate switch house. Oh happy days, things really were simpler back then. Any how I have some more functions that I have a good idea about but some details would be helpful 1) (F670)K27 2) (F670)K36 3) (F670)K37 4) (F670)K40 5) (F670)K61 6) (F670)K62 7) (F670)K81 Part of this program drives a Uticor 2 line display and most of these functions shuffle the message numbers and data around. Some will be masked outputs driving outputs as binary data. any details would be great cheers ian

Ian Please find as follows a brief desciption of the functions you requested. (F670)K27 Transfer of a decimal constant K to Y M S (F670)K36 Transfer of Decimal Data (BCD) (F670)K37 Write D to YMS (F670)K40 Compare T C D (F670)K61 Increment D+1 (DCB) Three Didgit (F670)K62 Increment D+1 (BCD) Six Digit (F670)K81 Divide (BCD) Three Digit If you require any futher information on the above let me know which functions and I will give a more detail. Rodney

I started programming with GX Developer 7. I had to use Medoc for couple of old projects. Those hand helds , hmmm, they sound like prehistoric :)

The big problem with handhelds is so many people understand the ladder logic but not nearly as many understand the instruction list code the PLC actually operates on. When you write ladder in GX-Developer, the program is still downloaded to the PLC as instruction list. That's the language it understands. And some people who are comfortable with the ladder and how it operates are confused when they see the instruction list. Handhelds typically only deal (especially on the older models) with instruction list. So it's a bit of a challenge for some people to write code that way when they are used to the graphical display of ladder.

bah... i never liked handhelds, simply there is not enough information on display. it's like trying to enjoy scenic view and look through straw. also user input is so crippled. anyone who had joy of entering bunch of contacts on a cell phone or do robot programming using only included pendant will know the pain of crippled interface. teaching points - no poblem! but writing code and entering comments - a pain. result - code with little or no comments (even bigger pain later on)...

Hi Rodney Thanks for the info, I only had time for a quick glance before i went to work last night. I am not familiar with some of the abbrieviations you used. 1) TCD (Time? Coded Decimal) or (Timer Counter Data?) 2) YMS 3) DCB (Decimal Coded Binary?) and the last two Functions in the program I cant identify are 1) (F670)K124 2) (F670)K131 Cheers ian

Ian D C B should have been B C D T C D is Timer Counter Data Y M S are the outputs Y30 - Y547 M100 - M377 S600 - S647 (F670) K124 is a rising edge pulse on X400 which increments the dedicated data register D +1 D700 - D777. (F670) K131 is binary convertion BIN - BCD Rodney

Hi Rodney thanks for the extra info all thats left is for me to make sense of the uncommented program. Thanks to everyone for your help I'm sure I'll be back for more. cheers ian