Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kcor

nanotec stepper drives

16 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a distributor in the usa that deals with Nanotec products. Have found them on the internet, they are in Germany, and have contacted them, but I do not understand German. Have about 60 of the units in production that was done by a intergrator some years back who has since went out of business. Thanks

contact them by email, just use english: http://nanotec.com/page_static_kontakt_en.html

One way that might be better is email. Put it in English then use a translation tool to go to German. Hopefully someone there can read English but if not the translation might be good enough

I wouldn't worry much about that. They are Germans, they all speak other language and many speak more than one. Guess what would be the most popular one and quite easy for them to learn... No it's not Navajo or Mandarin...

Canadian?

LOL, that's it... Seriously, Europeans are more inclined to learn other languages. They all neighbour so many other countries, each with own language(s). In Holland for example many seam to be able to converse in 10+ languages. Maybe because Dutch sounds like Klingon!?

I definately wouldn't be much help with the German. I took German classes but I know just about enough to fumble my way through it and make a bad interpretation

You may have already found it but THIS is the English version of their site

Thanks for the replys I was able to contact them and get some replys in English. Does not appear to be a us rep for them.

Just out of curiousity did you go with contacting them by phone or email?

As said above, any engineering company in Europe should be able to give you an answer in English. The one I works for could answer in Swedish, Danish, English, German, and even half-well in Spanish and Norwegian... :) Edit: That's with only three people on the engineering/management team, btw. Edited by TERdON

by email after a couple of emails, back and forth, someone from nanotec called me. Was very responsive, once I talked to someone in English. Makes you wish , that when you was younger, that you had the foresight to learn mulitiple languages. This is something that both my kids are now doing ( majoring in math and engineering ), but when I went to school, was only interested in English. Just wish I had known then, what I know now. Thanks for the replys

They need to make students in the US learn atleast one second language at a much younger age. Then make a third language the requirement for high school

In Sweden you start to learn your second language (English) in 3rd class. Third languages come in 6th class (mandatory for everybody, yes, normally German or French), however only some people continue learning them through classes 7 to 9 (appr. half of them, although I'm unsure). And in 10th grade (the "gymnasium"), you have the possibility to learn your fourth language... :) Edited by TERdON

It is much easier to learn at a younger age then later on, or so the say

i don't know, it may be true...or just most worn out excuse ever...