Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ken Moore

Why all the PC RSS feed news?

9 posts in this topic

Looks like a "bot" is posting PC "stuff" in the PLC industry news section. Maybe Chako can block this, how does everyone else fill about PC news being posted on this board?

Easy, Easy....My RSS Robot is having fits. Rockwell feeds, other automation feeds aren't working. The only feed that "IS" working PC feeds. (I just picked one out of the blue, and voila! It worked!) It's being debugged "hot" because of the cache updates. I doubt we will keep PC feeds, but can't we use a feed that is currently working when none of the automation ones are? cut me some slack? Deal?

No problem pardner I thought we had a few strays running around, that's all.

Ken, if it is really bothering you then you could always mess with Chakorules and delete them to make him pull his hair out on the debug I like the news idea, good idea Chako

Or I could ....

There is GOES. I think I got it...whew..... I still can't get rockwells news to port over. Anyone else have any RSS feeds they would like to see? I can import them over here. Should I let replies allowed on each one? Right now my "robot" posts the news, then closes the topics.

RSS Robot is making a lot of post. Might end up beating Panic and PDL to 1000 pos t. Oh wait, at the rate Bot is going he will beat me to 2000 Chako is probably already thinking this but I think they need to stay neutral based and not from a company of a particular brand of device no matter how good the articles are. This way the forum stays unbiased

Give me some ideas of news you'd like to see here at mrplc? Automation.com is pretty broad. I tried to find a few more, maybe you guys have some to share.

Perhaps in time it is an idea to exclude the RSS bot's post as being flagged as new post. It might clutter the real postings on the view new posts page... You also might create a separate section for each news portal. But I love the idea! Couldn't find any good RSS reader anyway (TW can back me up here ) I do have two more feeds that might be nice; • RSS news feed for Omron Electronics • RSS news feed for Mid-range and Large PLCs Oh wait found some more http://www.engineeringtalk.com/indexes/rss_categories.html Chako, you also found a bot who will add the feeds ?