Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goody

GX Dev FX 8.25b demo

5 posts in this topic

A while back (over 3 months) I downloaded the dev FX 8.25b demo software mainly to check out the extra instructions of the FX3 cpu. I installed it on a spare pc that had a gx dev already on it. It warned me that 2 different copies cannot exist on the same pc and that it would overwrite the original gx dev. I didnt mind as I rarely used this pc for anything and if worst comes to worst - I would reformat it. I wasnt actually going to do real programming on it - just get used to the new instructions. When I ran the new dev FX it told me I had 15 days left - just fine for a demo. a few days a go I tried the dev FX expecting to say it had timed out. No, it still said I has 15 days left. So I read up and found that it might be crippled to 1K steps. No also,,, I loaded a 1.5k step program and loaded that into a FX0n PLC I use as a spare test model. Seems that by some chance (maybe because I overwrote a valid gx program) I have a fully functional gx dev FX program. Is this why Mitsubishi changed or removed the demo? I downed this from the mitsi www site not the version on here - I dont know if they differ.

Maybe it saw your OLD activation and decided it was ok. Is there something in there EULA that this is a FREE upgrade? Boy I wish AB would do that kind of stuff... I doubt it...your probablly right, I think they might know they have a mistake. We do have Mitsubishi people that read here, if there was any problems with the software someone uploaded here, I am sure one of the Mitsubishi people I know would have alerted me and it would have come down. -

Frankly, you're lucky it worked at all. It states in no uncertain terms that the previous version should be removed using Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel before installation of the new version. Two copies cannot exist on the same PC. Tech support gets all kinds of calls from people who install one over the other and don't read the prompts and then it won't run at all. Usually resolved with a delete of the software and it's registry entries and then a complete reinstall.

I realise that. I tried to install it on my main PC but after the warnings I stopped. I did not want to remove the original GX so I installed it on a spare PC that I had forgotten had GX on it. I remember that it did not work either but I installed the envoroment files again and it worked and still does. I only did it for the FX3 of which I have never used yet. And I really dont think I would try it on my laptop.

If you had an old GX Developer v8xxx on your laptop and you overwrite the new GX over the Old one it will work. I do it all the time and had never any problems. If it does not work then you will be adviced to uninstall the software and then install the new one.