Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FNMdeJong

Q06CCPU

13 posts in this topic

For programming the Q06CCPU, what programs do I need? I know that the CPU has an allready installed OS, VxWorks v5.4. And I need some tools called Tornado from Wind River. But what is the Exact software description. For the Mitsubishi configuration software it is V0100-1LOC-E. Does have anybody experience with this module? Edited by FNMdeJong

never heard of any of them but GX Developer sure works...

You can download a demo HERE

I'm sorry but Q06CCPU is a special CPU. You can program it in the language C or C++. So this special CPU must be programmed with special software. It is not listed in GX Developer and this cannot be used. It is no mitsubishi software. Any futher information needed.

now that you mention it, i looked closer and seams you are right. guys here http://www.windriver.com/ are creators of real time OS that runs on that controller. they also make C/C++ compilers with IDE for embeded systems running their OS. wish you luck, it is always tough to work with new product. wind river website also may have support forum. don't know how to get to it but searching their website produces lots of hits with user questions etc. this could be helpfull. here are the only two files from usa server i could find. IB(NA)-0800306-B 469.25KB PDF - C Controller module Users Manual (Hardware) Q06CCPU-V-H01 SH(NA)-080555-B 16.60MB PDF - C Controller module Users Manual Q06CCPU-V-H01/SW2PVC-CCPU-EAF10 the "SW2PVC-CCPU-EAF10" part is Mitsubishi part number for software

Yeah, the Q06CCPU is programmed in C via a special environment. Check the manuals Panic Mode put up the links to, they explain it well. I've seen it on a demo at the office but have not been trained on it.

Sorry, but i have allready got the manuals. They can be found on the Web. But anyhow thanks for the response. A question for you Panic Mode, you took a look at the website of windriver, do you have perhabs any idea what software to use for this company. I see lots and lots of software on this site, and i don't find the one is specified in the manual?

They seam to have several versions. I think I came across Tornado 1, 2 and 3. Q06CCPU documentation mentions Tornado 2.1.nnnn so I would think that Tornado 2 would be good match. There is a chance that Mitsubishi version is slightly different though, maybe they added or changed thing or two specific to their product. May I ask how did you end up using this product, what was reasoning or driving force behind it? It's always nice to try something new but leading edge can be bleeding edge.... One of our projects was done using Q series PC but it also had regular CPU. I don't really have much experience with it since I was just helping colleague to set it up because this is considered multicpu environment so it needed some configuring. This arrangement was fairly compact (well it did consume big chunk of Q backplane because of drives and PC width, but still) and it didn't need the regular CPU but this is what customer wanted and they paid for it. This PC was running full Win2000, not WinCE or something similar. If PC is needed in a system I would still prefer regular PC or panel PC (more power, peripherals, peripherals easily interchangeable with office PCs etc.). Anyway, somehow you got that CPU so I'm curious why. Is it because you need to do more math or because you prefer C/C++ or maybe because of built in ethernet port or...

I am not using this product in a real project. It is just for testing this product, so we can decide if we are going to sell this one. And one big issue is how do we support this one. I can think of a few big advantages using the C controller, one is when using tables and databases, it's much easier in C than in a PLC CPU. Another one more commercial, there is a whole market out there of C programmers. Edited by FNMdeJong

I also used QPC in couple of projects. It is good for data collecting /reporting projects. But it is not a plc, it has windows operating system which is not good for control jobs. You can not trust windows for critical jobs where timing is important. Q06CCPU has realtime operating system which is better for control jobs.I am personally interested in this cpu but had no time testing it.

Funfrok At the end of august i am visiting Mitsubishi for a training with this module, i will let you now on the forum if it is any good.

FNMdeJong, did you make that visit? I'm curious . Thanks.

I followed the training last week. The programming is very easy, if you know C or C++. The configuration of the module has to be made with special software from mitsubishi. This software is like the parameter section in GX Developer. For the tornado software, the configuration is something special, but with some settings it can be done in five minutes, at least if you know what you are doing. Performance of Q06CCPU is very good. From my side it was a good training, but very difficult to support. Only a few limitations for this module, the standard ethernet connection and serial port on this module are not free. With the ethernet connection you can only connect to configuration software, tornado and FTP server. No scada can be connected direct. The serial port is only limited for GOT connection. Maby in the future the ports are free, so you can use them as you wish.