Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Free 3D Cad Software? Anyone? Anyone?

8 posts in this topic

http://sketchup.google.com/product_suf.html

Including your house in Google earth ... cool!

It's said the burglary community is hosting a big party soon....

Lets look if we can add a few big dogs in the yard.

Downloading now...I absolutely LOVE google earth. If this freeware is as good, I am very excited about it. Being a poor Okie looking to strike out on his own soon, a piece of shareware that can create mechanical drawings and electrical drawings has been on my "wishlist" for a while. I'll let y'all know if it's worh a chit... PEC

Hi Folks...I downloaded it today and my son {7 yrs old} and I played around with it for a copule of hours. He absoloutely loves it. For a freebe it's great and just what I've been looking for. Thanks for the link. Later...Todd

I just did the fifteen minute tutorial. As expected, the software is extremely simple, versatile, and robust. It creates 3D models with dimensional accuracy. I am very impressed.

Okay, now I have a project to see how fast I can learn this modeling software: I am rebuilding a '78 CJ5, and I plan to customize everything I have to touch. I cut out the rusty, disorganized dash panel, and I have a donor scrap of aluminum to work with. I should be able to model the underside and check fitment of gauges and everything...may take a couple of days, but I am broke anyway, and all my other projects cost money...this one is just a matter of time and tools. Free tools are my favorites. Now a free cad program for electrical combined with sketchup should give me a good head start when I strike out on my own and try to sell myself as a control systems consultant. For now I will dive into the Jeep zone...I'll post my work in a week or so, and maybe an amateur review of Sketchup. Thanks for the link, Chakorules! Edited by OkiePC